Problem with recording a set with a microphone using numark ns6 and serato dj
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default Problem with recording a set with a microphone using numark ns6 and serato dj

hello all.. i have a numark ns6 controller running on serato dj.. when recording a set with a microphone it only records the instrumental and not the vocals from the microphone but is set up and working fone through the speakers.. all is as it should be it just dont record the vocals from the microphone and im left with a recording of instrumentals...
    really great controller but annoying that nothing about it is in the instructions or manuals...
    does anyone have an idea on how i should set this up or what i should do to have the instrumentals i mix and the vocals of a singer/em cee recorded to a single audio file..
    i do live events and require the recordings for promotional use but with out the vocals recorded too its pointless..
    plase help me
    thanks all

Sounds sketchy may not have something set right. Ill my kossilato2 mini throu my kp mini into channel 1 and my monotron duo to my monotron delay on 4 and it will record that using the record option within serato

Only thing I can think of is that the unit routes the microphone input directly to the main outs, and not back through the USB. Can't seem to find any info about this anywhere on the web, but I know a few other controllers do it this way.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Guru

The NS6 uses a hardware mixer configuration so the Microphone is a MIC Thru, meaning it gets output from the mixer itself and isn't sent back to the software.. Sorry, yo. It can't be recorded with the NS6.
    Hardware: Akai Max49, Maschine, Equator D5 monitors, Saffire Pro 14
    Software: Logic, Maschine
    My Neighbors Listen to House Music.. Because They Have To.

Well you can get a mic to RCA cable and run through a channel

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    That might work, but it will probably sound like shit due to the difference's in impedance.
    Mobile DJ. 2 x Denon SC2900, Denon MC-6000 MK2, Wharfedale Titan 15a Powered Speakers, Titan A15 Subs, HP laptop. Shed load of lights!! Maschine Mikro MK2, Xone:K2.

2nd Generation Mobile DJ
    2G on Twitter | 2G on Facebook
    | RobDQuick On Soundcloud

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by robdquick View Post
    That might work, but it will probably sound like shit due to the difference's in impedance.
    Not to mention uh.. the lack of a pre amp... lol

Tech Wizard

no need to as the channel has phont and 1/4 inch jack imputs for channels 3 and 4 (layer 2) on the ns6.. thanks for replying tho

Tech Wizard

well thats where your wrong.. the ns6 is a controller.. it controlls software functions.. using the ns6 with serato dj no you are not able to record the mirophone (in my case on channel 3 on ns6) but with the same controller being the numark ns6 but this time using serato itch you are able to record the microphone (still in channel 3).. serato need to come up with a software that is able to do this.. i prefer traktor by far but the ns6 does not yet have a perfect mapping for the ns6 and i am so disapointed in this.. the mappings i have found are sketchy and laggy... but i must thank you for your reply but after trying a few things i found its just another shit piece of software.. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Asand View Post
    The NS6 uses a hardware mixer configuration so the Microphone is a MIC Thru, meaning it gets output from the mixer itself and isn't sent back to the software.. Sorry, yo. It can't be recorded with the NS6.

Tech Wizard

no need to as the channel has phont and 1/4 inch jack imputs for channels 3 and 4 (layer 2) on the ns6.. thanks for replying tho
    Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast