VCI-100 Tempo Fader problems

Default VCI-100 Tempo Fader problems

I recently bought some chroma caps from this website to change up the look of my VCI-100. Well, they look great, except I think I might have pulled too hard or something on the left tempo fader. It doesn't respond at all when I push it up to slow down the song, and is pretty unstable when trying to speed it up. I've found that if I move it left and right, the tempo changes dramatically, literally jumping back and forth several BPMs. Obviously, this is a pretty big problem.

Anyone here ever have any issues with the faders on the VCI-100? Any suggestions on how to fix it without the risk of breaking it even more?

Tech Mentor

I actually had this problem spring up on me too, just this last Friday! Mine jumps tempo when I move it back and forth, except if I hold it to the left side of the channel in the faceplate, then it works as normal.
    I'm suspecting that they might just need to be replaced.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Well, one thing about mine is that I lost the original fader knob at a party some time ago. Since I travel all over the place, the metal part that sticks out got bent a little bit, but it was still working perfectly until I tried to attach the chroma cap. I'm guessing since it was kinda bent and I had to straighten it out again to put the cap on, I must have forced it too much.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Culture_Shock View Post
    I actually had this problem spring up on me too, just this last Friday! Mine jumps tempo when I move it back and forth, except if I hold it to the left side of the channel in the faceplate, then it works as normal.
    I'm suspecting that they might just need to be replaced.
    This sounds like dirty fader. You tried to spray it?