Hakkasan LV - A piss off to anyone else? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

WTF is Hakkasan LV? I feel like we are being trolled. Little kids will believe anything that they put on the innerwebies.

Hakkasan is the newest club opening up inside of the MGM. They completely renovated the FOH and outside entrance of the hotel for it.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I'm with Ed on this. I don't even know where this superclub is or what it's called...

Who cares about a superclub ? If people are paying stupid money for entry etc then it may as well be on the moon, it won't have any impact on me, the djs I like or the music I listen to.

Pretty sure that no dj I like would ever be playing there (wherever there is).

Super clubs ( even the uk ones) have never meant anything to me. They represent everything that I despise about dance music.

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I'm with Ed on this. I don't even know where this superclub is or what it's called...

Who cares about a superclub ? If people are paying stupid money for entry etc then it may as well be on the moon, it won't have any impact on me, the djs I like or the music I listen to.

Pretty sure that no dj I like would ever be playing there (wherever there is).

Super clubs ( even the uk ones) have never meant anything to me. They represent everything that I despise about dance music.
    Once i left that wherehouse party in eastern downtown Los Angeles, under the Whittier bridge, with Claude VonStroke as the headliner...f*ck VIP bottle service bullshit...

(i bought beers in the can six at a time for 30 bucks total...getting a drink was an adventure) (they were Tecate)
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Wow I just checked the website out..! Seriously, is that impressing anybody? It looks like corporate hell.

There is money to be made on EDM now...hence...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Era 7 View Post
    you really didn't figure that out until now?
    He makes it sound like hed turn down 6 figures to do an hour lone boring Drone set hehe. I sure wouldn't

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    WTF is Hakkasan LV? I feel like we are being trolled. Little kids will believe anything that they put on the innerwebies.
    Google, they say.. is pretty good for things like this

Tech Guru

It makes no difference to any scene whatsoever. It's just another club in Vegas pandering to the EDM crowd.
    Vegas is awesome but not for the music.

Tech Guru

Oh dear, just had a look, never heard of Hakkasan LV til now, clicked on artists, then clicked on the browser 'X'...

This seem to be just a result of the commercial/pop 'EDM' (still very much dislike this term) explosion in the US, won't affect the underground clubs/nights/scenes around the rest of the world where the real magic in dance music happens. I don't expect the Ibiza clubs will be worried either.... for Europeans, much, much cheaper to get to Beefa.
    20+ years man & boy, working the platters that matter. D3EP DJ.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast