Hakkasan LV - A piss off to anyone else?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Hakkasan LV - A piss off to anyone else?

I honestly don't even know anymore.

It seems like every superstar DJ is saying "I do it for the music" then goes off to play for ridiculous sums of money at huge clubs. But this new club, an 80,000 square foot superclub...paying 100 Million USD and hasn't even opened yet? Absolutely ridiculous.

Ibiza WAS the party capital of the world in many peoples eyes (yes of course there is Miami & such, but let's get real here..Ibiza was the more internationally known destination for dance music)

WHY LAS VEGAS. Why is this new club absolutely shitting on every other club in the world, making the small club scene look like horse shit (excuse my grammar), but it's true. I want to know what you guys think.

Traktor Kontrol S2 :: Midi Fighter Classic :: Akai APC40 :: 17" Acer
    Check out our new "D.O.D - What Time?" Remix! : http://snd.sc/1bvF1xf

Time will tell.

Considering the tourism in Las Vegas, I would imagine it's a sound business investment.
    It's too soon to even discuss a global impact and honestly I doubt it'll change anything as Vegas brings "nothing" to the table apart from an experience. You don't hear about the locals and a "scene" and all that fluffy goodness.

Ibiza grew organically over time(brits going on holiday and coming back transformed by the experience and telling all their friends etc), Vegas is trying to fabricate something out of thin air...

There's a place for big and small clubs in this scene, I really believe that, but in order for small places to be successful (and this applies without even taking the wow factor of big clubs, big name djs) they need to be all they can be at their scale.
    Good location, good design, good music, good sound system.
    I am genuinely shocked at how little attention is paid to these details in many small clubs...personally I refuse to go (at least not repeatedly) somewhere that has a horrid sound system...

But in the end, we only represent a fraction of the people who go out(the others do it for fun, for booze, for girls .... and perhaps for music). We are also going to perceive all of this on a bigger scale and be more demanding in regards to the finer details.
    The end user decides....

so what?
    i couldn´t care less about this so called super club. (never have heard of it before)
    this won´t affect the clubscene in my country or any country at all, so there is no need the get mad at something that is so irrelevant to any real clubscene anywhere...
    Last edited by Ed Paris; 04-10-2013 at 02:11 AM.
    I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeDreams View Post
    It seems like every superstar DJ is saying "I do it for the music" then goes off to play for ridiculous sums of money at huge clubs.
    you really didn't figure that out until now?
    Last edited by Era 7; 04-09-2013 at 04:18 AM.

I don't think Las Vegas is the scene for Music,
    In my opinion, that club won't grow and eventually will die.

Tech Wizard

there is another club open in vegas at the same time that is doing it the same way. Its not shitting on any one. Vegas has always been a go big or go home town. The the EDM explosion in the US the past couple years this is no suprise to me what so ever. They have always had big name djs in vegas, these 2 clubs are just putting a lot of them under the same roof. Oakenfold was a resisdent DJ at club in the early 2000s that gods kitchen took over in vegas. Its nothing new.

Hakkasan opens on the 18th. The headliners are getting paid buku bucks but those of us playing their normal hours arent being paid low amounts. Not the entire square footage is the club space. Most of the floor space is actually dedicated to the restaruant and a connected lounge.

The club scene here has never affected the underground scene. I dont see how it would affect the club scene anywhere else.

I look forward to going to opening night and playing there next month. NBL
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Tech Guru

Admittedly, I looked at the "Hakkasan Artist" page and saw 90% of the big name DJs are apparently "Hakkasan Artists". I had this vision of the promoter holding out the contract, saying

"Just sign here, here and... Here, and we'll transfer your 3 million dollars. And we own your brand"
    "Pardon?"
    "And then we shake your hand. And the deal is done."
    "Oh. Ok!"
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Quote Originally Posted by SwedeDreams View Post
    WHY LAS VEGAS. Why is this new club absolutely shitting on every other club in the world, making the small club scene look like horse shit (excuse my grammar), but it's true. I want to know what you guys think.

how does this make small clubs look bad?

I had never heard of this thing until now, who cares? Just another VIPcentric overpriced superclub.

Looking at their opening lineup and artist page I don't think I would go there if you paid me.
    Last edited by Xonetacular; 04-09-2013 at 06:11 PM.

I'm with xone...who really cared about bottle service and VIP areas? I'd rather be at a wherehouse party than some mega club with shit people and over priced drinks...
    Weapons, not food, not homes, not shoes
    Not need, just feed the war cannibal animal

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast