Disco thek, old old do you have to be?
    Tech Wizard

Default Disco thek, old old do you have to be?

Im 15 and wanting to dj at a local discothek is 15 to young or am i old enough? (by the way i live in 'Merica and the title is suppose to say how old not old old)
    Emachines E528 4GB of Ram Traktor Pro 2 | MF Classic | Numark Stereo IO | Numark Mixtrack |

Mixcloud

if they sell alcohol you would have to be 21 i expect, 18 in most other countries.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

You'd have to be able to at least get a work permit, which most venues won't bother with you because it's a pain in the ass.
    When you are 16 you can work without one, but there are legal restrictions in many states stating you can't work after like 9pm or some such. So, once again, venues won't bother with you then either.
    When you are 18 you can play, but can't drink, which most places won't care if you're decent, can pull people in.

Basically, just practice and do house parties. Don't worry about it, and honestly, you're going to have a hard time being young trying to jump in fresh because 1) you can't get into any clubs 2) there are a lot of DJs trying for those spots who don't have red tape to jump through.

Just being honest. Keep at it, practice, and wait.
    BREAKBEATS AND OTHER MUSICAL ADVENTURES
    Facebook - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Mixlr - Twitter