Travel Expenses for a "Trial Night"? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Lol tell me about it... unfortunately car insurance for me would be £4000 a year, which is practically impossible for me to pay for atm
    You are either very young or have a terrible driving record!!

I think you are just gonna have to suck it up and find a mate with a car or cover the cost.

Where is the club by the way? What set will you be playing?

Will you be using CDJ's?
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Quote Originally Posted by kooper1980 View Post
    You are either very young or have a terrible driving record!!

I think you are just gonna have to suck it up and find a mate with a car or cover the cost.

Where is the club by the way? What set will you be playing?

Will you be using CDJ's?
    i know a buddy who DJs around my area with no car, but he brings a friend with him and usually just tells the friend for compensation of the ride, he will hook him up with a few drinks... plus u get to chill next to the DJ, and girls always come up to talk to the DJ... they usually end up going.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    ^^That is the correct answer^^

Asking for money before you have proved yourself is a big no no.
    Promoters I know always piss and moan when they are asked to cover expenses for first timers.

Do a good set and when they ask you back, tell them about the costs and then ask for expenses.
    Yep. Though Id have an issue relying on a DJ who had to use public transportation to get to his late night job on a weekly basis.

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Yep. Though Id have an issue relying on a DJ who had to use public transportation to get to his late night job on a weekly basis.
    Eh, it depends though honestly. In Toronto you can get most places before around 2am and after that there are night busses and it's quite reliable. In Waterloo, where I am for university, hell no.

Anyways, going back on topic, gonna echo what has been said here a few times: Don't ask for travel costs for a trial night, the promoters will definitely not be cool with that.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Um... I didn't mention public transport.
    The OP mentions that there is no public transport available.

If I were him i'd convince a mate to drive and offer to pay the petrol cost.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Um... I didn't mention public transport.
    The OP mentions that there is no public transport available.

If I were him i'd convince a mate to drive and offer to pay the petrol cost.
    Uhmmm never said you did... Didnt realize some how my opinion had to relate to that... Sorry..

So fine ill rephrase it... so that it means the exact same thing. "Though, Id have issue relying on my DJ To get there on a weekly basis with NO TRANSPORTATION"

Public Transportation, no transportation ... same unreliability.. shrug.. Many employers normal jobs ask that you have a dependable way to get to work as well.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Well, clarity in a post always helps.

Tech Guru

From a club owner point of view, if I had to pay £50 in taxis for my DJ to arrive every week, he better spin 6 decks whilst on fire.

Learn to drive or get gigs closer to home is a fact of life for the working DJ.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Cheers for all the input guys Looks like I'll have to beg/bully/bribe someone into giving me a lift or just suck up the cost of the taxis and keep quiet about it lol :P

As for the ridiculously expensive car insurance; I'm 26, but I don't have a licence at the moment, so if I take my test, I'll still only have had the licence for less than a year == stupidly expensive

You got to be able to get some of your friends to come out and a support you, just ask one of them for a lift.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast