Wanted: Macbook pro
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Wanted: Macbook pro

Hey Guys

I have been waiting for my mate to sell me his macbook pro but now he has decided now not to sell (git) so i was wondering if anyone is looking to sell one or knows of someone that might be.

I have the money just dont want to go and blow £1500 on a new one when i could buy a used one (g5 i have was second hand and never had any probs with it) so am confident it will be worth while doing it that way.

I would prefer to buy the newer glossy screen black key version but would consider the model before if its the right price.

If you could let me know i would appreciate it.

Cheers

My advice ... after doing a few days of deep research on the subject is this ...

If you are NOT using it for graphics based programs for video/photo/graphics editing you do NOT need a PRO.

Try and find a regular Macbook and save yourself a few hundred.
    All we ever have is now ...

as a side note.. the plastic trackpad on the macbooks are the most annoying thing i have ever tried to work with. the smooth silvery ones on the pro make a huge difference when working in things like traktor and logic.

although, you could just buy an external mouse too :P

edit: also, if you're using this for DJ'ing... please don't get a glossy screen. you will shoot yourself.
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

i have the glossy screen, and I've been fine with it...

my dream machine is...
    MBP 17" 3.06 ghz & 8 GB ram FTW!
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Wizard

is it possible to get a regular macbook with a 15" screen? I haven't seen any at all.

does anyone here use a regular macbook with a 13" screen? how do you like it? would one of the new - bottom on the line macbooks work ok if was was mainly used for djing?

thanks for the insight, sorry for the threadjack.

tim

I've been using an older one and it works great!
    [Macbook 2.2ghz core 2, 4gb ram, 500gb 7200 Seagate Momentus HD, Western Digital 500gb external HD, Lion 10.7.2, Kontrol S4, Midi Fighter #67, Pioneer HDJ-2000, Traktor Pro 2

Quote Originally Posted by timgkelly View Post
    is it possible to get a regular macbook with a 15" screen? I haven't seen any at all.

does anyone here use a regular macbook with a 13" screen? how do you like it? would one of the new - bottom on the line macbooks work ok if was was mainly used for djing?

thanks for the insight, sorry for the threadjack.

tim
    I use the 13" Macbook pro and they work just fine. No problems what so ever have never had it crash on me once. Have had it for a few months now I run Traktor scratch pro on it and have itunes in background and can run 4 decks no worrys. Its also got a glossy screen but iv never had any issues with the gloss getting in the way..
    Gear: Macbook Pro 13" , Traktor Scratch Pro, VCI-100 Arcade, PIONEER HDJ 2000, CDJ 400's, Audio 8, Midifighter

Tech Mentor

Whats the main differences between the macbook and macbook pro? Apart from the extra memory and higher price??

I've been using ableton on an old fuji laptop and it's slow as hell so looking to replace all my machines with a mac but don't know which one to go for.

Tech Mentor

If you are using windows at the moment the macbook would do the job just fine!

I have used a G5 imac for years but Traktor pro only works on Intel Mac so my hands are tied !

I'm not sure whether to go with the macbook or the pro yet but had a word with Apple yesterday and they said if im going to use Logic aswell as Traktor (which i will) they recommend going for the pro!

IMO once you use any mac you will fall in love with it - but it also depends on how much money you have to buy one!

Tech Mentor

The main differences are the graphics side of the processor! But in saying that you get more RAM with pro and faster processor!

Let me know what you end up going for mate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast