Need Advice Choosing Setup! - Page 11
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB View Post
    I know its a two channel mixer. I want to run two decks on traktor pro with a controller/ and the other two decks on Traktor Dj using the ipad
    Why? There's absolutely no reason to do that. Traktor Pro is 4 channels. The output of the app won't be sync able and you can't beat match. It will be a mess. There aren't many djs in the world that can play 4 decks and make it sound good, with or without sync. You want a Ferrari and you can't even drive stick, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    Also, get something with jog wheels. Trust me, at some point, knowing how to beat match will come in handy. I don't care what anyone says, it's essential.
    I can beat match without jogs on my twitch even though jogs do make it quite simple
    :: Maschine MK2 :: MF SPECTRA :: Novation Launchpad :: Moog Little Phatty Stage II :: MBP 13.3" i7 2.9GHz Turbo 3.6GHz 8GB ::

Tech Mentor

Why? There's absolutely no reason to do that. Traktor Pro is 4 channels. The output of the app won't be sync able and you can't beat match. It will be a mess. There aren't many djs in the world that can play 4 decks and make it sound good, with or without sync. You want a Ferrari and you can't even drive stick, bro.
    hmmm i see

But i was thinking if thats the case i would just use the ipad only for freeze mode. and work on it from there

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by cpetticrew View Post
    I can beat match without jogs on my twitch even though jogs do make it quite simple
    Can you beat match on cdjs? What if you get booked and the club won't let you hook up your own gear? Being able to use jogs is an essential tool IMO. I think there are essential skills you should have in your arsenal in case any problem arises. That's just my opinion though.

Tech Mentor

hmmm i see

But i was thinking if thats the case i would just use the ipad only for freeze mode. and work on it from there
    There are plenty of other solutions to trigger samples. Learn to walk before you run.

Tech Mentor

Can you beat match on cdjs? What if you get booked and the club won't let you hook up your own gear? Being able to use jogs is an essential tool IMO. I think there are essential skills you should have in your arsenal in case any problem arises. That's just my opinion though.
    Yeah makes sense, But i also was thinking about getting the CMD PL-1 when it comes out and practice on it

My buddy has CDJ 2k nexus and a way deeper wallet then I do lol and I mess around on em all the time and don't have any issues with beat matching. The reason im selling my twitch is because I want jogs for jog fx and beat matching a lot quicker also 4 channels. I get exactly what your saying. All I was pointing out is I learned to beat match without jogs since the twitch was my first controller so it can be done
    :: Maschine MK2 :: MF SPECTRA :: Novation Launchpad :: Moog Little Phatty Stage II :: MBP 13.3" i7 2.9GHz Turbo 3.6GHz 8GB ::

Tech Mentor

Another serious question I have is

differences and quality between software's.

Traktor - s4,x1
    Serato Itch - Novation Twitch
    Dekadance- CMD line

Any major differences

Just to clear up I would use Traktor Dj like a drum pad while in set
    Last edited by SeanB; 04-10-2013 at 04:13 PM.

Tech Mentor

All these are what im looking at. any advice? thanks. I want to mix internally
    [1.
    Cmd Studio4a-200
    Audio 6 -300
    ipad- 500
    =1000$]

[2.
    x1-200
    x1-200
    PL-1-150
    Audio 6 -300
    Ipad-500
    =1350$]
    [3.
    S4-800
    Ipad-500
    =1300$]

[4.
    Pl-1-150
    Twitch-250
    Ipad-500
    =900$]
    Last edited by SeanB; 04-10-2013 at 04:31 PM.

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

Yeah makes sense, But i also was thinking about getting the CMD PL-1 when it comes out and practice on it
    If anybody wonders, you can beatmatch completely with out sync in Traktor. Great pitch fader in there!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast