Need Advice Choosing Setup! - Page 3
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SeanB View Post
    Yeah thought about that but I figure I should give x1 a shot since never used it.
    Im confused on why you would want to purchase a 600 dollar tablet just to run traktor? Why do you need a separate screen and in sense more cabling and setup to sync two traktors together when you can just use Four decks on your Laptop?

In fact what kind of music do you spin, how long have you been DJing. Do you feel you could handle 4 decks at once at this point and does it really make sense for your genre?

Tech Mentor

Ok so heres what i've like I said been putting ridiculous amounts of hours into the past few weeks.

What controller/controllers i want

All in one vs modular

How important are jog wheels

If been waiting for behringer to release the cmd line for many months now. Should I wait or get a setup now

I was for moment comparing S4 with CMD Studio 4A but i think im going to go modular.

Then Im currently stumped on what MIXER and AUDIO INTERFACE to hook up the controllers i decided on.

This is going to be my first set up and im basically new. Im also not made of money but want something that is sturdy/ reliant / and has a lot of room for me to improve on
    Last edited by SeanB; 04-09-2013 at 10:13 PM.

Tech Guru

If it's your first set up, jumping into 4 channel mixing is a bad idea IMO.

I really think you'll be just fine with just an X1 for a while.

Jog wheels are up to you. I like having jog wheels, but they're not required.

It sounds like you're set on your setup though. In this case, you'll need a 4 channel sound card like an Audio 8 or Audio 10 to work with a 4 channel mixer.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Im confused on why you would want to purchase a 600 dollar tablet just to run traktor? Why do you need a separate screen and in sense more cabling and setup to sync two traktors together when you can just use Four decks on your Laptop?

In fact what kind of music do you spin, how long have you been DJing. Do you feel you could handle 4 decks at once at this point and does it really make sense for your genre?
    I want an ipad cause i really like the freeze mode in the traktor dj app and will i never had an ipad and want one.
    Also I dont know if i could handle 4 decks. How many people actually use 4 decks? Is it really important or anything?

Tech Guru

The setup you want has 4 decks...

It sounds like you don't really know what you want except more gear lol. Just stick with 1 X1.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by SlvrDragon50 View Post
    The setup you want has 4 decks...

It sounds like you don't really know what you want except more gear lol. Just stick with 1 X1.
    Yeah learning all this gear and new gear stuff lately easily becomes way more stressful than needs to be. To many possibilities

Tech Mentor

It sounds like you're set on your setup though. In this case, you'll need a 4 channel sound card like an Audio 8 or Audio 10 to work with a 4 channel mixer.
    What if i use a Rolls MX42 RCA basic mixer for the laptop and ipad to connect to the pa?

So like laptop connected to audio2 for sound quality [and headphones] connected to the Rolls MX42

and the ipad connected Rolls MX42 that outputs to the speakers ?
    Last edited by SeanB; 04-09-2013 at 10:46 PM.

Tech Guru

I hope you're kidding about using that as a mixer...

Tech Mentor

I hope you're kidding about using that as a mixer...
    Hey someone suggested that to me earlier this week. It work though wouldn't it? I mean i haven't tested mixers and audio interfaces out to be able to till how huge of a difference an audio 6 and that would make. all i know is that traktors audio interfaces seem pricy and making me pay for software i dont need

Tech Guru

Mixers and soundcards are two different things unless the mixer has a sound card built in.

It seems like you don't really know what your gear is supposed to do yet. I REALLY suggest just internally mixing with just an X1 and an NI Audio 2.

Mixers are used to EQ and fade in songs as well as a ton of other things. The mixer you linked seems to only change gain levels. Whoever suggested that to you really doesn't know what they're talking about...

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast