Ableton Live - Seeking Advanced Knowledge About Clip Loop Parameters

Question Ableton Live - Seeking Advanced Knowledge About Clip Loop Parameters

I am looking for some advanced knowledge.

How do you go about allowing the "Clip Position", "Clip Length", and "Loop" parameters to accept two or more different MIDI assignments on different tracks? Currently, Ableton only allows one MIDI assignment per those parameters universally, across all tracks.

I want each track (full of clips) to have it's own assignable "Clip Position", "Clip Length", and "Loop" parameters.

I am trying to further customize my Ableton template for Dj'ing.

(I may be looking for some sort of scripting information, or the like... I'm not sure. Please help point me in the right direction!)

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

Create copies of each track and adjust the start / loop positions so you can set cue points and juggle

you can loop on the fly by mapping a midi or keyboard key to the start/end on the selected clip ...

Kinda at a loss as you what you mean by

I want each track (full of clips) to have it's own assignable "Clip Position", "Clip Length", and "Loop" parameters.
    Do You mean as in doing per deck simultaneously like traktor ?

You could set up a looper per track as opposed to utilizing loops on the different track clips or you could assign the select clip to the same button mapped button as loop in/out per deck, that "might" work.

Ableton is still very much a prep before you play tool and with live9 and its lack of seemingly simple lack of things "DJ's-take-for-granted" (multiple waveform display, better midi integration, itunes browser etc...) it seems they really have decided they don't want Ableton to be taken seriously as software that the majority of DJs can play with live.

I know what you mean, mate. Clip properties are global, so if you map controls to clip properties, then like you say, those controls work for EVERY track in Lives session view.

I always quite liked that - it means you can free up some controls. The way to get around your problem, is to map some buttons to the track headers in session view. Then, you just select that track with the button you've assigned to it, and use your globally mapped controls to alter the clip properties/settings for the highlighted clip.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to alter clip setting on 2 different tracks at the same time. And it sounds lik ethat is what you want to be able to do...
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Protosapien View Post

How do you go about allowing the "Clip Position", "Clip Length", and "Loop" parameters to accept two or more different MIDI assignments on different tracks? Currently, Ableton only allows one MIDI assignment per those parameters universally, across all tracks.

(I may be looking for some sort of scripting information, or the like... I'm not sure. Please help point me in the right direction!)
    To save yourself the massive headache, just cut the stuff up into loops and trigger it that way.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Protosapien View Post

If you have max4live then check out our Looper plug in at www.isotonikstudios.com and the Modular Series....

Cheers
    D