Soundcloud. You're Dead To Me.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Soundcloud. You're Dead To Me.

Do you think it's right for Soundcloud to reject your DJ Mixes because of copyright restrictions?

We (the DJs) built this site. A DJ mix (aka a mix CD, mixed compilation, mix tape, etc.) is an essential part of DJ culture. I know it's not Soundcloud, it's the labels, but it's ridiculous.

The last 3 mixes I've tried to upload were rejected because one or two tracks triggered copyright flags.

Any opinions?

What's the best alternative option?

Cheers.

>

Tech Mentor

If you leave at 3+sec gap (no music) at the beginning and end of your mix it will go on fine with no issues.

Solved.
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ
    https://soundcloud.com/bmz/

Tech Wizard

Mixcloud is one alternative, but their website isn't as friendly as Soundcloud is, as far as embedding mixes in Facebook posts and such. I've heard others suggest creating a minute or two original intro before your actual mix, as Soundcloud's copyright check only checks the beginning.
    Macbook Pro
    Traktor Pro 2 | Kontrol S2 | LPD8
    Ableton Live | Ableton Push

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    Do you think it's right for Soundcloud to reject your DJ Mixes because of copyright restrictions?
    Do they have a choice ? It's the law (certainly in the UK) so, whether we agree with it or not is moot. If they have their hands legally tied there is nothing we can do apart from try and cheat it.

Don't (just don't) get me wrong I'm not saying it's right. You say "one or two tracks triggered copyright flags", are any of the tracks in the mix not copyrighted.

Seems like Soundcloud was a good idea that has suffered from becoming to popular.

wow. that intro trick is great. i'll try it out. thanks.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by loverocket View Post
    wow. that intro trick is great. i'll try it out. thanks.
    You don't need to do that.

A 3 or 4 second gap with nothing playing is all you need. Trust me.
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ
    https://soundcloud.com/bmz/

Tech Mentor

+1 with the intro worked for me last month
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos
    Seems like Soundcloud was a good idea that has suffered from becoming to popular.
    Bingo. You can't be popular AND profitable in this (DJ/mixes) game.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

I pretty much just use mixcloud now. Added bonus it adds your play list automatically.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

The downside to mixcloud is you can't download...That's where mixcrate comes into play, but I've had numerous issues getting my mixes uploaded. Unfortunately, neither of them gets the traffic that soundcloud does.

Regarding the intro workaround, sometimes I'll start the first track with some FX (filter/delays) to bypass the check. I haven't had anything flagged...yet.
    SL1200 MK3D's, Kontrol Z2, Kontrol X1 MKII, Kontrol Z1, KRK Rokit 6's, MacBook Air, Midi Fighter 3D, Midi Fighter Pro, kazoo, gourd banjo.

NEW DEEP FUTURE BASS MIX
    Soundcloud|Mixcrate|Mixcloud|Facebook

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast