Need advice with leveling and finding a stable dj stand

Default Need advice with leveling and finding a stable dj stand

So for a while now I have been having problems with keeping my turntables steady. I have tried all sorts of things. Currently i have a sefour x25 stand and i cant tell if i set it up improperly or if it just sucks because my needles jump no matter how light my hands are. So do any of you have good advice for remedying this as well as what a good dj stand for a turntablist would be?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Argee View Post
    So for a while now I have been having problems with keeping my turntables steady. I have tried all sorts of things. Currently i have a sefour x25 stand and i cant tell if i set it up improperly or if it just sucks because my needles jump no matter how light my hands are. So do any of you have good advice for remedying this as well as what a good dj stand for a turntablist would be?
    I have an X25 which I use with 1210's and never had a problem with it. It's also got the top shelve where my midi fighters, F1 etc sit and has been totally stable.

Depends on your budget I suppose, how about a lite console xprs?

I took a $10 shelf from the local goodwill which fits records perfectly, layed it on its side, put my 15's under it (or you could use milk crates) and bam. Ghetto badass steady table that doesnt move. When I gig with x-stand my own equipemnt I use an odyssey X-Stand (Make sure you get the one with the brace int he middle) with my coffin on top. Never had any issues.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

For years I only EVER had my decks on a shelf that was bolted to the wall.

You can't GET sturder than that.

Bu now I've got an Ikea Expedit 4x2 with a tabletop and 2 legs on the back. Perfectly strudy, and no wall holes to repair!
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Argee View Post
    Sounds to me like you need a bit more weight on your heads... Ive used some of the crappiest tables on earth and never had an issue back in the day.

check out viperfrank on youtube he has a ton of tutorials on adjusting your tone arm. sounds like thats the problem. if your table is shaky thats not good or if its not level. but most problems are fixed by setting up the arms right.
    Find me onFacebookSoundcloudYoutube