Mixing with an MP3 player
    Tech Convert

Default Mixing with an MP3 player

Hello!
    I'm just starting out in Djing and from what i understand a lot of digital dj's use an MP3 as a back-up plan in case the laptop crashes....

I know how to use it with my S4 controller...but i wonder what most of you did (Hopefully not) or plan to do in case you have to use it at a gig.....Pre-made sets? Or is there a way to mix/make a somewhat smooth transition between songs in an MP3 player which i'm unaware of...

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Well just start the mp3 then get the song in traktor beat matched to the mp3. Although if your using that as a backup it's likely the music has already cut off as you scramble to press play on your iPod. Grab an ipad with traktor dj. It is really cool I regularly switch between traktor on the ipad and cdjs just for fun. It's good practice

Tech Guru

Playing songs from the MP3 player is no different from playing from Traktor, other than the lack of sync. Learn to beatmatch if you haven't already.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

uMM. Why not just throw a cd in the cdj or a vinyl on the turntables instead?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Djay app works great on iPod touch.

not sure if Andriod has anything good yet.

Default I knew the day was coming

of the DJ with two phones.

Tech Convert

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Playing songs from the MP3 player is no different from playing from Traktor, other than the lack of sync. Learn to beatmatch if you haven't already.
    In Traktor i have Decks which allow me to mix....in an MP3 player i can't mix....that's the problem....

I am also thinking of doing the same. What MP3 do you guys recommend? Or would an iPad also do?