Sankeys to close??
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Sankeys to close??

Before i start i really am not Trolling...

Ive just had a txt of a mate saying Sankeys in manchester is closing down.

Im at work and cant access much online?

Is this true?

Aparently its on their official Facebook page but there actual website is down!
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Supposedly true: http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=7775

Although, it has shut before and reopened.

I will post a screenshot of the facebook page... gimme two minutes
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Tech Mentor

You my sir are a good fellow
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Screen Shot 2013-04-11 at 14.12.33.jpg

David Vincent is an old colleague of mine, so I will see what I can find out

For some reason, that picture is tiny I will work on it!
    Last edited by ThinAir; 04-11-2013 at 08:17 AM.
    Pioneer CDJ 1000MK3 x 2/Pioneer RMX 1000/Traktor S8/Pioneer HDJ2000s/Pair KRK RP5 G2/MBP 13"/Traktor Scratch Pro/Push/Novation Launchkey 25/Trigger Finger Pro/1.5" iMac :-) http://www.facebook.com/DJThinAir

Tech Mentor

Karlos that article is from 2006 haha

Tech Mentor

cant read it

Closing party on the 6th of May aparently

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    cant read it

Closing party on the 6th of May aparently
    Yeah I know, I don't think my joke was to well thought out (or even that funny)

Seriously though, A few DJ's I know have mentioned the closure on Facebook today.

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    Before i start i really am not Trolling...

Ive just had a txt of a mate saying Sankeys in manchester is closing down.

Im at work and cant access much online?

Is this true?

Aparently its on their official Facebook page but there actual website is down!
    Check your PM's, mate!

Here is the post from facebook page, copied and pasted of course! Cant seem to figure out making the picture bigger

Rumours have been flying around about the future on Sanseis MCR, please read below....

Sankeys in Manchester is closing its doors with an all day party on Monday May 6th, the end of a real era in dance music culture which has run each weekend for over 7 years.

The iconic and legendary club which has always defied expectation, epitomised the spirit of the underground and dared to go where others have feared to tread, is signing off for the summer.

David Vincent explains, “I have decided to close Sankeys in Manchester indefinitely this summer as I focus my attention on our third year in Ibiza. I want our Ibiza project to be the best club in the world, just like what we have achieved previously in Manchester, as I get the feeling this could be our summer. But I need my production and staff from Manchester to come to Ibiza with me to achieve this goal and therefore both clubs cannot be open at the same time. Who knows when we will be back in Manchester, or if we ever will be back, or what comes next in this great city I love. I want this current chapter of the club’s history to end with a spectacular party, so we are rounding off the May bank holiday with a huge line-up. It’s an 12 hour marathon set from 1pm to 1am on Monday 6th, with a stellar cast of names and the Sankeys Manchester residents, in the spirit of our epic 12-hour Tenaglia sessions.”

The closing show features global techno legend and Rejected label co-founder Joris Voorn, Berlin’s Desolat queen tINI, London legend and Fuse founder Enzo Siragusa and Darius Syrossian all in attendance. The club’s residents, Jozef K and Us & Them, play their final sets too during this epic session, and finally Bones makes the trip over from Ibiza, one of Sankeys’ residents there. Also there are two very special guests to be announced on the day that Sankeys are keeping a closely guarded secret.

David concludes, “I have had some truly amazing memories in Manchester, many brilliant highs including being recognised for contributing significant culture to the city of Manchester at a national museum and also quite a few challenging lows, in a journey which will continue around the world. We have made our name in Manchester as The World’s Best Club in the DJ Mag Awards 2010, and the Sankeys spirit will live on there. I want to say huge thanks all of the DJs, live acts, promoters and agents that I have worked with, and all of the Sankeys staff who have helped shape the club during the last 13 years. And most importantly, Sankeys simply wouldn’t exist without our loyal crowd who have made us what we are today, and I want to say thanks to every one of you. Finally, all I can say right now about what happens next is quite simply: watch this space....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast