Deckadance 2 DVS?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Deckadance 2 DVS?

The manual states that it can learn any timecode to be used to control the software. Anyone who has the beta tested this out with Serato or Traktor timecodes yet?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Seriously considering making the switch to D2. Have you purchased it yet? How you getting on? how is the stability of D2? Checked out the demo and it was pretty cool.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Quote Originally Posted by Imageline
    • DVS* - FinalScratch#, msPinky#, Serato Scratch Live#, Torq#, MixVibes#, PCJD Reflex#,
    Virtual DJ# & Deckadance CD time-code. Deckadance can also learn any new time-code.
    So they don't MENTION Traktor timecode specifically - BUT if D2 can LEARN ANY timecode you should be fine....
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Just got my free copy from Imageline (I know a guy who knows a guy). Ill be lettin yalll know how everything goes later this week. Super diggin using my vst effects.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

I used the learn function for my serato vinyl,, traktor mk1, and traktor mk2 vinyl. All of which were useless. There was a lot of flutter via the software which made mixing a pain in the arse. Scratch functions were virtually impossible and no absolute mode. I will be getting hold of Torq and Ms. Pinky vinyl to complete the full review.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    I used the learn function for my serato vinyl,, traktor mk1, and traktor mk2 vinyl. All of which were useless. There was a lot of flutter via the software which made mixing a pain in the arse. Scratch functions were virtually impossible and no absolute mode. I will be getting hold of Torq and Ms. Pinky vinyl to complete the full review.
    Cue a huge flame war over NI's proprietary 'locked down' functionality just to suck money out of people and hinder the progression of DJing.

On a more serious note, that sucks about those timecodes not working even with the learn function. I liked how the program allows you to burn a CD with their own timecode though. Great for CDJ users!
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

I was about to make the jump over to D2 DVS, but after adding it all up, software, soundcard, timecode vinyl. Its not that far from the cost of and audio 6 and traktor scratch. They might struggle to get people to make the jump considering that.
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Tech Guru

Just a heads up that Deckadance has it's own timecode. Not only that, but if you're using a CD, there is a utility to generate timecode CDs in the preferences tab in your Deckadance software.

The timecode CD (Made within the software then burned) works fine. They do not have a specified timecode vinyl for deckadance tho. If they do, its not listed for sale anywhere and not listed as a supported timecode within the software.

Tech Mentor

might be a stupid question, but how is dekadance working with timecode if you cannot mix externally? (at least in the beta-version i have)
    Macbook Pro, TP 2.6, 2* Kontrol X1, A&H xone:92, NI Maschine, 2* KRK Rokit 5s, Sennheiser HD 25-II
    http://www.mixcloud.com/_volpe/

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast