Ableton as DVS?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ableton as DVS?

Default Ableton as DVS?

Is it possible?
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

yes. ms. pinky

http://mspinky.com/

it's kind of silly though, I don't think ableton makes a particularly good regular DJ program let alone compared to any proper DVS

Look into Ms Pinky, it's not perfect but it's pretty good.

Mos def. I was just curious. Im trying to find a way to utilize VST effects within the rig. I want to install win7 ona tablet pc somehow and use another card as an fx i/o. Was seeing if I could do it another way. It's crazy watching the whole DJ/Live Performance thing evolve. I remmeber when my bags consisted of two electribes, 808, 303, eurorack 4 channel, a crapload of cables, 40 rekkids, headphones, needles, slipmats, and korg triton. Its intense thinking how I dont have to carry around so much equipment anymore. I cant wait to see what the next decade brings us.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by hellnegative View Post
    I remmeber when my bags consisted of two electribes, 808, 303, eurorack 4 channel, a crapload of cables.
    That sounds like loads of fun! Ive been offered n electribe. Very temting, if just to create sampes for remix decks.

Mrs pinky sounds good, especially since there is no soft take over in trakor for remix decks volume and filters. Surley ableton does?
    It's not the gear. It's how you use it.
    limitations are the source of creativity.
    If you don't practice you don't want it.

http://soundcloud.com/zimfella

Not too sure Still learning ableton. I produce mostly in FL and Reason 6.5. Learning ableton due to it being way mor elive pa friendly.

Ms. Pinky is JUST the equivalent of a VST in Live. It will NOT sync to Lives master clock, so none of the beat-sync'd FX will work properly, unless you manually beatmatch Lives master clock to the DVS.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Just FYI Virtual DJ supports full time code and VST's with video support as well

In the past, I know VDJ did not support all VST's, and many VST's would cause VDJ to crash.

Is that still the case???
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

i think before VSTi had problems but everything else should work fine. They may have solved that in the new version.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast