non SE edition vci-400 jogs do not turn red when pressure is applied

Default non SE edition vci-400 jogs do not turn red when pressure is applied

After some research on the problem I made sure the most current firmware was installed and that traktor was properly updated. I even installed older firmware to see if that would work. No matter what I did (yes i fiddled with the touch sensitivity knobs as well) both the left and right jog will not turn red when I apply pressure. Without voiding my warranty does anyone have any ideas? Vestax support recommended that I return the vci and that it is defective. But, as I have some events coming up, I would rather fix this myself if possible.

Thank you in advance.

Default Oh well

No worries. I just sent the vci back to Vestax so that it can be replaced. Just an anecdotal note for the rest of the vci owners out there: As long as you are under warranty (I am not sure how long that is) they will pay for your shipping between their location in Mississippi and then back to you. Their warranty also covers bricking the device through failed firmware flashes.

Also: Vestax USA seems to contract out to a company called American Music & Sound. The vci was sent to that company via their pre-paid shipping label.

If you have any questions about my return process please let me know. If nutty shite goes down I'll be sure to post it.

Tech Wizard

try changing the switch on the front to a different position, I'm talking about the 3 position switches that are near the jog wheel sensitivity knobs and the headphone controls. I have a VCI400SE so I'm not sure what the switches do on yours…I just know that if mine is on the "jogwheel fx" setting, it stays yellow all the time, even when I touch it.