Am i having a latency issue? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Updating to mountain lion (10.8.3) cost 20 bucks, but i found out i don't have the lastest traktor update (didn't see 2.6.1 coming) so i'm going to check this out before upgrading to 10.8.3

I have dashboard running, i'm going to try to stop it too ! Thanks a lot for the help guys!!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    I know, but i remember once it happened to me that i had serato lagging a lot after i dropped my laptop, and when i opened it up i saw one of the ram sticks had come off, and i only had 2gb available. The massive library i have saturated the ram and serato's performance was affected. When i inserted the other stick in it started behaving normally.
    That's why i was suggesting that ram might be the problem here. Even though i do not know how traktor handles library caching.
    That sounds like god awful software design... your biggest 6 min lossless audio file is going to be like 70 mb... what in the world is Serato using all that Ram to do.. Theres no reason to store anything but the loaded songs, and an audio buffer in RAM

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    I know, but i remember once it happened to me that i had serato lagging a lot after i dropped my laptop, and when i opened it up i saw one of the ram sticks had come off, and i only had 2gb available. The massive library i have saturated the ram and serato's performance was affected. When i inserted the other stick in it started behaving normally.
    That's why i was suggesting that ram might be the problem here. Even though i do not know how traktor handles library caching.
    Your library is not stored in RAM. Only tracks loaded onto decks will be stored in RAM.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    That sounds like god awful software design... your biggest 6 min lossless audio file is going to be like 70 mb... what in the world is Serato using all that Ram to do.. Theres no reason to store anything but the loaded songs, and an audio buffer in RAM
    I don't know. I just know that putting the stick back in solved the problem...

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Your library is not stored in RAM. Only tracks loaded onto decks will be stored in RAM.
    I tell you, i know my library is not stored in ram, because it's 35k+ songs. BUT i still had that problem and re-adding more ram solved it

I might try it someday (even though now i have another computer and 2x4gb sticks, so i can't replicate the 2gb situation from back then).

Serato itch I k ow would not play nice with my laptop but traktor did sorta switched out my t6400 for a x9100 and even clocking down to lower then the 6400 stock clock speed serato performs better. Also know wasn't ram 8gb ddr3 or hard drives twin ssd make for little issues there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12