Am i having a latency issue?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Am i having a latency issue?

Hello,

i am using a novation twitch with a MBP 4gb RAM, i7 processor with traktor 2.5 !

I am having trouble getting my latency anywhere near 10ms. My "load" meter in traktor dosen't get red at all but i can still ear some audio glitches.

I think it is since i've upgraded to traktor 2.5.. or is it normal to have atleast (!) 15ms latency with a macbook pro and a twitch?

I don't really know what to do, and i have a few gigs coming soon :s

Thank you !

Tech Mentor

What is the audio "glitch" you are hearing.. bleeps, cracks, stop in Audio? Im not a serato user so I am not sure how helpful I can be :/

Hello !

It never stops the audio, it is more like, if you pay attention, you notice that sometimes it tends to crack, a bit like old vinyl records !

Also, i am using traktor, not serato

Hm, the ram might be filled with temp data from the library. Try creating a new library with only a couple songs and check back on the issue.
    And no, 15ms isn't normal afaik..

Thanks for the tip !

If i use only folders in traktor and traktor playlist, how do i do that ?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Deezaster View Post
    Thanks for the tip !

If i use only folders in traktor and traktor playlist, how do i do that ?
    I wouldn't know that, since i never used traktor extensively...
    I'm thinking, it might even be your USB cable. Try changing it with another one and plug it into a different port, does it still have the same issue?
    Also, is your mbp updated to 10.8.3?

Thanks, i'll google that !

As for usb cable, i have a few tests !

And no, it is till at 10.7.5 ! I'll need an update haha !

Thanks for the help, really, i'll try that

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Deezaster View Post
    Thanks, i'll google that !

As for usb cable, i have a few tests !

And no, it is till at 10.7.5 ! I'll need an update haha !

Thanks for the help, really, i'll try that
    If i'm not mistaken, 10.7.5 had some USB dropout problems that were never fixed, and they were only fixed in 10.8 and higher.
    I personally never had any usb cable problems, but i have some friends who had. Might me a manufacturing issue in the connector itself.
    No problem, just ask if you need any further help

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    Hm, the ram might be filled with temp data from the library. Try creating a new library with only a couple songs and check back on the issue.
    And no, 15ms isn't normal afaik..
    heh.. Thats why OS's design caching :P I can bet some money his ram isnt filling up with "Temp data". Even if it stored cue points of his library entirely in ram, I doubt it would use in conjunction with traktor more than 1 gb if that.

As the other poster suggested I would update your OS, try a different USB port, and a cable. (Im anti apple, so I cant suggest anything beyond that) as ive heard some combinations of OSX and Traktor versions dont play nicely.

Is Dashboard running? I also have heard that has caused issues for Traktor and some versions of OSX

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    heh.. Thats why OS's design caching :P I can bet some money his ram isnt filling up with "Temp data". Even if it stored cue points of his library entirely in ram, I doubt it would use in conjunction with traktor more than 1 gb if that.
    I know, but i remember once it happened to me that i had serato lagging a lot after i dropped my laptop, and when i opened it up i saw one of the ram sticks had come off, and i only had 2gb available. The massive library i have saturated the ram and serato's performance was affected. When i inserted the other stick in it started behaving normally.
    That's why i was suggesting that ram might be the problem here. Even though i do not know how traktor handles library caching.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast