Why you should not buy Traktor on ebay
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Why you should not buy Traktor on ebay

Hello,

So yeah, i wanted to buy traktor, as my friend wanted his software back.

I checked on ebay and there was this guys selling one for 40$. It seemed normal as i often see people on djtechtools selling their serial for about that price.

I just received an email from the seller saying that he had shipped the CD, but he also provided me a direct download of my software so i could enjoy it right now, while i was waiting for the official CD.

The download was a crack from traktor 2.6.0. No serial.

I now doubt i will ever receive my traktor CD, and if i do, it will probably be another cracked software, with no serial (proof that it is a crack) and so their is no way i can register my product on NI website...

And if it would happen to be the real software, his idea of sending me a cracked software as a download would still be shitty.

Damn i want to track him down and shove his f**king CD up his a**.

Do you know what can i do in order to get my money back (if possible) ?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Deezaster View Post
    Hello,

I checked on ebay and there was this guys selling one for 40$. It seemed normal as i often see people on djtechtools selling their serial for about that price.

I just received an email from the seller saying that he had shipped the CD, but he also provided me a direct download of my software so i could enjoy it right now, while i was waiting for the official CD.

I now doubt i will ever receive my traktor CD, and if i do, it will probably be another cracked software, with no serial (proof that it is a crack) and so their is no way i can register my product on NI website...

And if it would happen to be the real software, his idea of sending me a cracked software as a download would still be shitty.

Yeah, just raise a claim in the eBay resolution center. Will get your money back in a matter of hours.

Thank you !

They redirect me to paypal.. i paid as a guest so raising a claim will be a bit more difficult than i thought. I'll have to contact them directly i guess !

Default hate to hear this

low life scumbags.

selling cracked software minus the software... hah.

PM if you need help or a creditable source.

best of luck man.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Deezaster View Post
    Hello,

Wait what? How do you know it's a crack? What'd you download and from where?

I has no serial number (it is pre-registred) and when i open it it has a big UNION logo (a group that crack sofware) with the DMG and a "crack" folder lol hahaha

It was like a mediafire link. So legit...

I've called paypal and they will refund me !! yessss

Let this post be a lesson to everyone: buying EVERYTHING on eBay (with PayPal) is a BRILLIANT idea. It's essentially a no-risk scenario.

Tech Guru

Scammers can move money out of hacked accounts before you've tried to get the money back. They can also place redirecting links within auction pages that steal your Ebay and Paypal login details. They often ask you to pay money as a "gift", essentially giving up all the protection that Paypal provides.

Buying from individuals always carries more risk than buying from a reputable shop. You have no warranty coverage and no assurance that the product you're buying is genuine.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

I just checked my eBay account and I have bought exactly 200 items since 2004.
    I have not had one single bad transaction. Never been ripped off.

All depends what your buying. I think there is much more risk inherent in buying something like Traktor that is/has been easily cracked.

Software piracy is rife on eBay. I wouldn't buy software.

I buy all my Gundam kits from eBay. Reputable sellers are no risk.

I would not purchase anything on eBay without using PayPal. As said the safest bet usually Paypal will take care of you

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast