Mixed in key worth it?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Mixed in key worth it?

Purchased mixed in key. Analyzed 3000 tracks took 36hours. Well finally decided to test the harmonic tagging I based a 1hour set purely on harmonic progression based on how mixed in key analyzed it.
    Lets see if I can remember how to embed soundcloud links.

http://soundcloud.com/mosesgonzales/serato-recording-4

I think it did quite well on it. I found some of the more melodic tracks it did far better one. You will notice some tracks a 2 to 3min mix sounds way more harmonically sound then otherS. I believe I started at 2A and went up to 8 or 9 then back down

Nice always a good thing to use!

Tech Guru

Most DJ software has key analysis built in, and there are decent free apps out there too. So I'd have to say, not worth it.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I find it worth it. It's part of my routine when I buy music and 99% of the time, it's accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

I was going to purchase MIK, but after Traktor included it in their software, I didn't think it was worth it.

Update: N/M. just saw you used Serato.

I have traktor and serato I don't use traktor much though enjoy the simplicity of serato I don't sync beatgrid quant snap anything I basically use it how I used to mix vinyl only difference is har wave forms bpm display and now key which is meh I have yet to listen to the set I posted usually I throw my sets on my phone and listen when doing yard work or washing vehicles or working late and then tear apart every eq turn and slight mistake.

I did not know the newest iterations of traktor had key detection built in. Maybe ill update since fairly certain I am still using first release after remix decks were added.

Really should use it more I have all my midi devices mapped into a super map but the remix decks pissed me off terribly bad so haven't used for a while. Likely been 8monthd since I did a set in traktor

Edit I've spent 60bones on a lot worse things so for my Stand point was worth it for my own curiosity lol it's not too shabby just slow detection ad hate how it try's to sell you their other aoftware

Tech Guru

Doesn't it require an internet connection too? Traktor analyzes keys fairly fast and it can be combined with standard gridding/waveform analysis.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

I think it's worth it.
    Used Record Shopper

Quote Originally Posted by lucidstrings View Post
    Edit I've spent 60bones on a lot worse things
    agreed.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast