Nightlife in Afganistan???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nightlife in Afganistan???

Hey All,
    I've been given a pretty good job offer in Afganistan but, have no idea what nightlife would be like there... Have any of you heard? It's not a djing job...
    Thanks, Beetz

Quote Originally Posted by DjBeetz View Post
    Hey All,
    I've been given a pretty good job offer in Afganistan but, have no idea what nightlife would be like there... Have any of you heard? It's not a djing job...
    Thanks, Beetz
    Night life from what I've heard is all about finding a cave and hoping that it doesn't get blown the hell up. You do know what's going on over there right now, right? Unless it's a security job and you're a merc, I wouldn't get anywhere near it.

13" MacBook Pro 2.7 i7 w/dual Raid0 OWC SSDs - S4 - Ableton Live 8- Lemur- iPad 2

Tech Guru

I know a few friends who are working at the university in Kabul. From what I hear you stay in these fairly big walled up hotels with all the other international people. Which I guess can be kind of fun. You get picked up and driven to work and go straight back to the Hotel at night.

If you are interested I can try and put you in contact with this friend. He has gone over there several times. Though he didnt go for the money, he is doing it as a volunteer to help setup the University.

I was asked to go too, but they wanted someone for a year. I remember my mother: "I know I cannot forbid you to do anything since you are adult, but I forbid you to go". Anyways, the winter is harsh, you will have little opportunity to interact with local people. In the end I felt it could be interesting, but one year is way too long.
    Traktor Pro 2.5.0, Mixxx 1.9.1, Massive, Ableton Live 8
    MBP 15" 8GB RAM OS 10.7.4, Audio Kontrol 1, Audio 2 DJ, Sennheiser HD-25 II
    DJTT VCI-100SE Arcade, Akai LDP8, M-Audio Pro Keystation 88, Novation Launchpad, iTM DJ
    ifnotwhynot.me | soundcloud.com | fairtilizer.com | digitaldj planet | digitaldj music

i smell a hotel basement rave brooding...
    soundcloud.com/hpntk / soundcloud.com/freakstep
    freakstep.com / thefreakbeat.com
    me on beatport / me on djtunes
    Quote Originally Posted by JesterNZDJ
    My solution: Pay some one to whack them so you don't have any competition

There's a very good chance I'll be going... 100+k/yr. tax free, all expenses paid and I'll be working with someone I've worked with before. It would give me an opportunity to back home with a decent chunk of dough to invest in a couple apartments on my property or hopefully open a nightclub/restaurant... And, I'd get enough vacation to hit Carnival, visit Thailand, and come home a couple times as well.
    That would be cool to meet your friend lsmith! I'll let you know if I decide to do it.
    Thanks

Tech Guru

i saw a documentary about the middle east and I can't remember what country but the young people weren't allowed to party in public. These guys they were interviewing had a rock band and the only place they could play was their own basement in secrecy. If they wanted to party they had to do it discretely and at their own home.

Tech Wizard

Afganistan is the new ibiza, haven't you all heard?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by duerr View Post
    i saw a documentary about the middle east and I can't remember what country but the young people weren't allowed to party in public. These guys they were interviewing had a rock band and the only place they could play was their own basement in secrecy. If they wanted to party they had to do it discretely and at their own home.
    I think that was Iran, but I wouldn't be surprised if it applied to Afghanistan as well
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

Tech Wizard

if you are a westerner in Afghanistan people want to kill you!!! thats why you'd be getting paid so much. its doubtfull that you would be able to go out during the day, let alone at night, which there is most likely a curfew in effect ( for everybody, not just westerners )

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DvlsAdvct View Post
    I think that was Iran, but I wouldn't be surprised if it applied to Afghanistan as well
    yes now that you mention it i'm pretty sure the documentary was about young Iranians.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast