Traktor 2.6.1 CPU spikes and overloads.

Default Traktor 2.6.1 CPU spikes and overloads.

Hello guys. I'm really enjoying the experience here at Djtechtools, a lot of very useful and precise information!
    Beeing a computer technician at day time, they're some things that I just can't put up with. One of these is the over-discussed CPU load problem occurring in some recent Traktor Pro versions (2.5 and 2.6.1 in my case).

Enough small talk, let's get to the point here.

After tones of research on the topic, I suggest that we first have a look at this video describing the problem :

Now, the guy here is using a PC based system but I can assure you it's happening all over the place. I have a MacBook Pro, Dual Core 2.4Ghz - 4Gb RAM and a lot of free HDD space. I've tried : Snow Leopard, Lion and most recently Mountain Lion.
    Looking at Traktor's requirements : "Mac OS X 10.7 or 10.8 (latest update), Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)" it all should be fine... In a perfect world!

In reality though, the cpu meter is jumping up and down all the time and I'm not afraid that it will hurt my eyes in any way but wait, high cpu load = audio glitches, drops, pops, you name it.

Let's talk about the sound card and all the driver related issues. I use a fairly solid and maybe a little overpriced NI Audio 10 Dj with proper drivers and Firmware updates at moderate latency settings. Why I've bough it ? Because playing vinyl and timecode is fun and I was hoping to get the best sound possible out of my computer without having to deal with all the issues we're facing here.

It's becoming a fairly long post now so I'll stop and let you guys speak your mind about that. There should be a solution to the problem. Even if we have to roll back to 1.2.7, I don't care as long as this is fixed.

Greetings.

Tech Guru

I am too suffering with my new S4. The best part is, LatencyMon isn't even picking up what's causing the lag, so it could literally be anything. I'm tempted to downgrade my laptop to windows 7 from 8, because my windows 7 desktop runs it absolutely fine and it's not as powerful.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1