Moonie 4 Deck VCI-100 Mapping, for Pro 1.1 and Firmware 1.3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moonie 4 Deck VCI-100 Mapping, for Pro 1.1 and Firmware 1.3

Ok guys,

Here is my 4 deck mapping for traktor Pro 1.1.2
    It is designed with the 1.3 firmware in mind, although it will work with some minorish modification on a 1.1 or 1.2 unit.

DOWNLOAD LINK:- www.djmoonie.co.uk/traktor/moonie4decks.zip

Just unzip and install as usual.

The aim was to create a simple and straightforward 4 deck mapping that was a good everyday work horse. With this in mind, it does not require a DJTT overlay and can be used with your VCI-100 without needing to re-label buttons.

Every button works as labelled, but some areas need explanation:-

Starting in the Top Left Corner of the Unit.

The column of three buttons work as follows, from top to bottom:-

Tree List Up
    Tree List Down
    Tree List Expand

This little section thus allows you to navigate your folders and playlists without needing the mouse, and has auto repeat built in, so no need to click click click to go up and down.

The 4 tiny black buttons from top to bottom are:-

Loop size decrease deck a
    Loop size increase deck a
    Loop size decrease deck b
    Loop size increase deck b

Just to the right of this section you have the usual load section.
    The up/down buttons go up and down playlists as usual, and the load a/b load tracks to their respective decks.

The preview button I have turned into a browser view mode, as I don't use the mini preview player when I gig, it seemed a better use for me.

Ok.. in the mixer section of the unit (Applies to both left and right sides):-

Buttons from the top down are:-

Eq Hi and Gain
    Eq Mid (Lablled mid hi)
    Eq Low (Labelled mid low)
    Filter (Labelled low)

The tiny black balance rotaries are now key adjust.

The effect button toggles the effects units on and off. So if both FX units are off, both will be turned on, and vice versa. You can turn on (and off) individual FX units in another section).

Monitor cue.. as labelled

Ok.. moving over to the top right of the unit, the effects/master section:-

The select button illuminates the red LED with either A, B or master, but otherwise does nothing in itself.

The tiny black buttons from top to bottom:-

Turn on FX bank 1
    Turn on FX bank 2

This applies to whichever deck the red LED is lit for. If the LED is set to master, they do nothing.

If A is lit:-

All the rotaries and knobs control FX bank 1, as they appear on screen, when FX bank 1 is set to chained effects.

If B is lit:-

All the rotaries and knobs control FX bank 2, as they appear on screen, but this time setup as an advanced effect.

If the Master is lit:-

Rotaries:-

From left to right. First 2 do nothing, third one changes monitor cue volume. (I find the tiny black buttons just above are too small for doing this). The last rotary changes monitor/master mix.

The buttons underneath.

From left to right. The first is a low eq kill for deck a, the second is the same for deck b. The third snaps the monitor/master mix to 50/50, and the last toggles the monitor master mix from 0 to 100. This is the best solution I can come up with in the absence of properly split cueing ala DJM-600.

Ok.. moving to the very top right, that tiny section:-

All tiny black rotaries are as labelled.
    The button labelled 'effect' is your MASTER DECK TOGGLE. Pressing this button will change the screen view to 4 decks, and make EVERY CONTROL that operated deck a, now operate deck c. Similarly, any control that operated deck b, now controls deck d.

All other buttons should operate as labelled, with just one exception. The transport buttons at the bottom of the unit.. the one on the far right of each row of 4 (labelled set cue), resets the track position to the beginning of the track. I find that when I am cueing up to set levels, its a really handy way to skip back to the start, ready to play the track out.

In the next version, I hope to add some cue point magic and some smart fader/eq stuff.
    Last edited by djmoonie; 08-31-2009 at 06:16 PM.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show
    (GMT+0) Tuesdays Midnight til 1.30am, on www.phonic.fm,
    or 106.8fm in the south west of england.
    For private bookings, please use www.djmoonie.com

Tech Mentor

HI Moonie

I have downloaded the mapping but windows cant find the programme to open it and i have tried everything to get to work !

Can you help ?

Luke

windows xp and vista should support opening zip files natively, but if you are having problems, try www.winzip.com

Also.. watch out soon for the next version with lots of lovely extra's!
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Lookin good. Does this have 'juggle' mode?
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Next version which is nearly ready will have:-

1) Hot cue juggling with the 4 transport buttons
    2) Dual function loop/set cue button
    3) Smart upfaders (lowers opposite decks bass as the fader is pushed up, and vice versa).
    Last edited by djmoonie; 09-08-2009 at 12:14 PM.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Wicked - can't wait for that! Nice work man

Mx
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Ok guys, version 1.2 of my 4 deck mapping is now out. Its similar to version 1.0 which is described above, but has the following differences:-

The tiny black rotaries at the top right of the unit have now been reassigned to the following commands

From left to right:-

(master level) is now 'Smart Fader' toggle. When turned to the left, the upfaders work just like normal. When turned to the far right, the upfaders now decrease the bass on the opposite deck when pushed up (and vice versa).

(monitor level) is now the 2 deck / 4 deck toggle switch (moved from the effect button).

(monitor select) is now cue juggle:- When turned far right, the transport buttons play, cue, cue/play etc at the bottom of the unit, now jump to cue points 2,3,4 & 5. I've numbered this way cause I often have cue point 1 as the track start. Also, when cue juggle is enabled, the loop button for each deck now acts as a 'set and save cue points'. You will know when cue juggle mode is on because of the LED feedback on your VCI-100 (The transport buttons light up).

(effect button):- This was the deck toggle, but is now reserved for the next version, and currently does nothing.

Other slight changes. Now that the small rotaries have been re-assigned, the rotaries immediately below them (the row of 4 in the effects area) are now changed when the red LED light is showing 'master'.

From left to right:- Nothing Assigned, Main/Mix balance adjust, Master output level, Mix/Cue output level.

Other small additions:- When pressing the mix 0/100% toggle button, it automatically turns on the deck cue's. This now basically lets me toggle between live and mix very quickly, and is the closest I can get to DJM style cueing via the VCI.

Download link:- http://www.djmoonie.co.uk/traktor/moonie4decks_1.2.zip
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Going to give this a whirl once my firmware kit arrives and I can upgrade to 1.3, quick question how do you cue up the 3rd or 4th deck? using preview? because at the moment using the VCI 100 with 2 channels I can't do this as it only allows me to hear deck 1 & 2, I know in the old days you had to have a 4 channel mixer but as you said in another thread this is not the case with Traktor..

sorry if this should be another thread happy to have it split of if it is
    Last edited by Ciar2001; 09-10-2009 at 03:39 AM.

Preview/Cue is pretty straight forward. When you hit the cue button on deck a, you hear the track on deck a playing, and similarly the same for deck b. When you use the 2 deck / 4 deck toggle, the cue buttons now let you hear deck c and d

This assumes that you are using your VCI-100 in internal mixing mode.
    www.djmoonie.co.uk
    The Left for dead show

Internal mixing indeed, hopefully the kit arrives soon then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast