Advice pleeeaaaase !! Mac os x compatabilty with TRAKTOR FS 1.5

Default Advice pleeeaaaase !! Mac os x compatabilty with TRAKTOR FS 1.5

Hi There, Ive recently bought a new mac book pro a few months ago and im trying to install traktor fs v1.5. It seems to install ok but when I restart it and click on the FS icon an error message appears 'You can’t open the application “TraktorFS” because PowerPC applications are no longer supported. I understand that the FS software is old (2004) and this may be causing the problem. Is there any updates or software I can add to allow FS to work on the mac ? I have been on the NI website and tried to find information on this but cant find anything.
    It just seems a waste to get rid of it. My set up is 2 x vestax pdx 2000 and pioneer djm600. Its an old set up but works for me. I used to run it off an old windows lap top running xp which has since died,

If anyone can help I would reeally appreciate it.

Thanks !!!

Mike

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

both lion and mountain lion don't support PPC apps, you need to roll back to snow leopard to be able to use it or update to traktor scratch (with a supported audio interface). The tts and mixer you are using won't matter, FS is a discontinued product that doesn't work with intel only mac osx.