VCI-400 timecode compatibility
    Tech Convert

Default VCI-400 timecode compatibility

Hello everyone, i am new to the forum and have a query which has been troubling me for sometime.
    I want to purchase a new controller which i am mainly going to use for small events but which i want to use with my turntable, i am undecided between the VCI 400 ege and the s4. I was more lean towards the vci until i heard that it doesn't support timecode as not certified for scratch pro, is there any way i can still use it with a turntable without buying a soundcard (audio 4,6,8)?
    Also, if i have to go for the s4, is NI going to release a new controller soon, is it worth it to buy the s4 now knowing it's been out for quite a long time now ?

AMJ

Why would you want a midi controller to support timecode?

With the VCI400, you can use 2 of the channels as an analogue mixer and the other 2 as midi for Traktor or deck C/D. The S4 doesnt serve as an independant mixer.

Tech Guru

You can use the VCI 400 as a standalone mixer for regular non-timecode vinyl, or for timecode with other applications like VDJ that don't restrict usage based on what sound card you are using.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB