I Need help with crab scratching / 3 click flare - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Wizard

oh shit, completely forgot faders can have latency now too, lol, that's definitely gotta an important thing to have sorted out
    2012 DMC Supremacy World Champ + IDA World Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Vekked View Post
    oh shit, completely forgot faders can have latency now too, lol, that's definitely gotta an important thing to have sorted out
    have low latency under 5ms

change the curve of your crossfader in traktor to sharp

you better be using the "AHHHHH" sample.... "it was originally taken from the song "Break the beat"...."

do it slow you should hear 3 distinct sounds from your 3 fingers crabbing. once again do it slow to build muscle memory and do it to a metronome or a very simple boom bap beat around 60 bpm and work your way to 128bpm in cut time and regular time it should cover all your notes. Practice like a drummer would. doing rudiments using dynamics it will help develop your style as your building your muscle memory

last depending on what hardware your using get an Innofader PRO. Elliot Marx is an awesome electrical engineer and a really good guy. If your mixer or controller is not listed he can probably help you install one if u have a multimeter. It's the best crossfader period better than the rane magnetic faders legit and cosigned!!!

It was virtually impossible for me to crab and do some of the faster more advance scratches using a controller with a crappy crossfader. i kept missing notes cause of the platter latency and crossfader latency. Same goes with any crappy crossfader. I usually just do stabs, drops and babies maybe some sloppy aquamans and bubbletaps but no crabs when i have to scratch on garbage equipment just my opinion.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12