[Progressive House] My First live performance, with tracklist
    Tech Wizard

Default My First live performance, with tracklist

Hello,

I just wanted to share with you recording of my first live set, which was actually really short (about 30 min), but anyway, it was nice So, here it is : (tracklist is in the description)

Listen and comment

I personally don't like when tracks are only played for 2 minutes. Short edits I'm ok with, not half of a track though, especially because I think they're were songs I really wanted to hear lol Bass transitions sound weird. Transitions happening at the wrong time. The songs match/they sound good together, so that's good!

You need to think a little more about where you decide to mix in your next track. You are killing a LOT of energy by mixing in too early and having a breakdown occur on your new track at totally the wrong time.

There are several occasions where your tracks are competing for the listeners attention and this causing extreme clashes. If you plan to mix out of a track during its "peak" you need to get very clever with your EQing to prevent such clashes.

If I was you i'd stop trying to play banger after banger and short mixing, and concentrate on your mixing skills by giving yourself more of the track to play with. Once you develop your mixing skills a little more THEN start to play around with when to bring in your next track.
    MacBook Pro, HD25's, Midi-Fighter Classic, Pioneer DDJ-RX , Rekordbox

Tech Wizard

Firstly, thanks for the comments.
    Secondly, I usually don't make such transitions and I know that sometimes it sounded weird, but as I said before, I had just a 30 min set and wanted to give to crowd more than just 6-7 songs which I'd play in 30 min if I'd play the whole songs and with longer transitions. Yes, of course it would sound better, but if I were the listener, I'd prefer more shorter songs than just a few longer. Maybe it is just me, but I got some good responses from the crowd, and that's what is all about.

But again, thanks for the comments

Guys, knowing the scene he's playing in (same country), you have to trust him that people want pretty much only club bangers and they want them fast
    Djuk: Great job, just maybe a couple songs didn't fit, for example the just the way you are acapella is in a completely different key, other than that, great job
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dj_uk View Post
    Hello,

I just wanted to share with you recording of my first live set, which was actually really short (about 30 min), but anyway, it was nice So, here it is : (tracklist is in the description)

Listen and comment
    I'm agreeing with the rest of the guys, you are creating a lot of energy in the room and people are wanting to go mental to it but you're then preventing them from doing that by mixing in the next song. I personally am not into this music but If you're reaching out to the audience that loves these songs, then maybe you should let them hear their favourite part (the drop).

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    Guys, knowing the scene he's playing in (same country), you have to trust him that people want pretty much only club bangers and they want them fast
    Djuk: Great job, just maybe a couple songs didn't fit, for example the just the way you are acapella is in a completely different key, other than that, great job
    thanks for the comment yes, i know, some transitions were not perfect too, but it's a problem to do such transitions during the drop, this was the best i could do