Full breakdown of CDJ (pref 400) HID controls/mapping for latest Traktor 2.6.1???
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default Full breakdown of CDJ (pref 400) HID controls/mapping for latest Traktor 2.6.1???

Hi all, am thinking off dusting off my old cdj-400s (in the loft somewhere) to try out with latest version Traktor (2.6.1) as I understand the HID control is now very accurate AND I love that info (track name/bpm/etc is now displayed on the controllers screen... SWEET! However, on the TRaktor product page for the release, it even alludes to effects being useable through CDJs on the newest release, and as they only mention CDJs, not DJMs, I'm wondering if you can still have Traktor in external mixing mode, just using the CDJs as controllers and their own internal soundcards going straight into the (external) mixer but apply effects to the track channel pre-fade via the controller???? anyone have any ideas or can shed any light in this? I've searched all over the interweb, but cannot find either on NI or Pioneer sites a full breakdown of the new/latest mapping features of the new and improved (v2.6.1) support for CDJs, if anyone knows of a page of forum or support pdf or anything that does break these down, I'd be enormously grateful to hear about it.

Thanks in advance for helpful comments and GREETINGS FROM LONDON! We've just had the coldest fracking spring in over a hundred years, the winter seemed to go on forever, but thank (higher power of your choice), SPring has finally sprung!

Tech Guru

You can apply Traktor effects as usual. You cannot use the built-in CDJ effects.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Thanks for replying!! That much I did know , my question was more; are controls on the cdj-400 mapped to Traktor Pro 2 effects?? this is what the latest NI promotional blurb says on their website re the 2.6.1 update...

"It’s never been easier to set up TRAKTOR in the club. The latest 2.6 software update provides plug and play usability with Pioneer's CDJ Series (2000 Nexus / 2000 / 900 / 400) and DJM-900 Nexus Mixer, thanks to advanced HID support. Use the DJ CD player to access tracks, cue points, loops and more in TRAKTOR, with all relevant information on the CD player's display – from track artwork to detailed waveform displays.

This integration gives CDJ users access to powerful features such as TRAKTOR's Remix Decks, sync, superior cueing and looping, intuitive browsing and world-class effects."

So you can see why I'm wondering how far the software can be controlled natively with the CDJs before one has to revert to using the keyboard.

They refer to the DJM 900 Nexus in that, it's probably what they mean.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

You might be right, but that would make the following a little misleading....

"This integration gives CDJ users access to powerful features such as TRAKTOR's Remix Decks, sync, superior cueing and looping, intuitive browsing and world-class effects."

It would be sweet if the effects buttons on the CDJs (eben the lowly 400) were mapped to traktor effects... probably too much to hope for. Sweet though that there is definitely now track info/waveform/etc on the CDJs, will help to spend less time looking at the screen again!

It's worth a punt, I'd like a CDJ 400 myself just to serve as a third deck really.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Tech Mentor

Tech Guru

I would assume that the FX buttons on the CDJ can be mapped to any function you like, rather than working out of the box.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Mentor

Thats certainly true, but NI have made a big deal about Pioneer integration on the update's page, so I'm just curious to know what they have set up 'out of the box'.

scroll to the bottom of this page http://www.native-instruments.com/en...es-in-pro-261/

It just means that it can all be used in conjunction with each other.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast