Push + Maschine 2.0 + APC40 - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by padi_04 View Post
    Yes, it's Ableton script does. It's only a matter of time till they port it to the plugin.
    Hm. Regardless. I'd still have 64 available notes than 16. The Push also has a 32 step sequencer.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    Hm. Regardless. I'd still have 64 available notes than 16. The Push also has a 32 step sequencer.
    Maschine can step sequence in as many steps as you'd like - it just switches between pages of sixteen steps.

Yes, the Live script for Maschine has had coloured scales for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    it just switches between pages of sixteen steps.
    That. I want all 32 right there at once.

So I think my set up is seeming pretty sound. I like Push for a lot of reasons and Maschine appears to be well loved and honestly I'll be using APC40 for mixing and clip launch and it's great at that so I feel I have everything covered.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Maschine can step sequence in as many steps as you'd like - it just switches between pages of sixteen steps.

Yes, the Live script for Maschine has had coloured scales for a while.
    Sure it has a step sequencer, inside of the maschine vst. not exactly the same thing as what the push does....

Plus I much prefer the pushes style of scales on pads. To each their own

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    Sure it has a step sequencer, inside of the maschine vst. not exactly the same thing as what the push does....

Plus I much prefer the pushes style of scales on pads. To each their own
    My thoughts exactly.

Tech Guru

I currently have both and I can honestly say that I couldn't live without either. However if you really have to pick one go with Maschine. As stated earlier you get a lot of functionality from NI's Ableton Template, and I do think it's only a matter of time before NI adds in things like a scale mode for Maschine.

Down the road though i'd highly recommend picking up Push. Using the two together is bad ass, Maschine definitely has some workflow things nailed that Push doesn't and vice versa. Don't get into the black and white mindset, it's entirely possible to own botha and not burn in hell for doing so haha.

Also worth noting is that Push is hard to come by right now (bad foresight on Ableton's part) so a Maschine MK2 will be readily available anywhere you go.

Quote Originally Posted by rdej47 View Post
    I currently have both and I can honestly say that I couldn't live without either. However if you really have to pick one go with Maschine. As stated earlier you get a lot of functionality from NI's Ableton Template, and I do think it's only a matter of time before NI adds in things like a scale mode for Maschine.

Down the road though i'd highly recommend picking up Push. Using the two together is bad ass, Maschine definitely has some workflow things nailed that Push doesn't and vice versa. Don't get into the black and white mindset, it's entirely possible to own botha and not burn in hell for doing so haha.

Also worth noting is that Push is hard to come by right now (bad foresight on Ableton's part) so a Maschine MK2 will be readily available anywhere you go.
    I'll for sure order both then! I am fine with waiting, as I said I am currently in the midst of upgrading my studio. My current controller will be more than sufficient till I can get a Push in.

EDIT: My current controller is a "Novation Impulse 49". A great piece, but I don't know how to play piano and only has 8 pads.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    I'll for sure order both then! I am fine with waiting, as I said I am currently in the midst of upgrading my studio. My current controller will be more than sufficient till I can get a Push in.

EDIT: My current controller is a "Novation Impulse 49". A great piece, but I don't know how to play piano and only has 8 pads.
    With my Push, Maschine and Avid Artist Controllers, I almost literally have a mouse free work environment. Not 100 percent but it sure is better than what I was doing years ago

Quote Originally Posted by balakoth View Post
    With my Push, Maschine and Avid Artist Controllers, I almost literally have a mouse free work environment. Not 100 percent but it sure is better than what I was doing years ago
    What is an Avid Artist Controller? I haven't heard of those.

Tech Mentor

haven't used the Push, and I really didn't care for Ableton either (30 day trial)

Maschine on the other hand, I swear by. Maschine plus a 25 or 49 key controller is phenomenal. the pads are great, and the sampling, scene by scene arrangement.

Those two plus a DAW like Logic, Cubase or Pro-Tools and you've got yourself a pretty nice little setup.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast