Push + Maschine 2.0 + APC40
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Push + Maschine 2.0 + APC40

Hey fellow DJTT goers.

I am currently looking for a way to sue my 20% off code and have been thinking about upgrading my studio controllers. Some basic information about me is that I make Techno, Minimal, House, Electro House, etc and I do all of it in Ableton.

I like the Push because it is much more logically laid out for someone who doesn't play piano and it has step sequence and other such things.

I love the Maschine for drumming and also the Maschine software. I have seen some lovely things accomplished and it is another way to get more live expression and swing. I also love the bigger pads.

Lastly, I like the APC40 (I wouldn't purchase this from DJTT) for the channel faders and the amazing Macro banks that the Push lacks. This + Push also give me ability to control and instrument on the Push and launch clips with the APC40. I can also remap this to damn near any software I want.

These are my thoughts. Does anyone here have any further ideas?

Cheers.

Tech Guru

If you want to produce, go with the Maschine or Push.

If you want to make melodies and stuff, go Push. If you want to drum stuff out go Maschine.

I think both kinda make the APC40 obsolete.

From Ireland Living in Manila: Philippines :D

I think both kinda make the APC40 obsolete.
    Having all 16 Encoders + channel faders available at the same time without switching between banks or layers is something I don't think I could live without.

Quote Originally Posted by deevey View Post
    Having all 16 Encoders + channel faders available at the same time without switching between banks or layers is something I don't think I could live without.
    Exactly right mate? That's huge for me, but I LOVE the layouts for instrument play on the Push.

I would recommend going for Maschine - the Live script for Maschine offers most of the Push functionality. The pads are just better and I prefer slicing in Maschine.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    I would recommend going for Maschine - the Live script for Maschine offers most of the Push functionality. The pads are just better and I prefer slicing in Maschine.
    I have heard this before. The one thing lost that REALLY appeals to me though is the note entry style of Push

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    I have heard this before. The one thing lost that REALLY appeals to me though is the note entry style of Push
    With the coloured scales? Maschine has that going on.

What?! Maschine has it integrated so that no matter what button you hit you're still in key?

Not with the scale system that Push has.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldfuzion View Post
    What?! Maschine has it integrated so that no matter what button you hit you're still in key?
    Not that I know of.

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorStrangeman View Post
    Not with the scale system that Push has.
    Not that I know of.
    Yes, it's Ableton script does. It's only a matter of time till they port it to the plugin.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast