I need help getting super combos to work on my MPD. (Shoulda got a MF... I know.lol)

Default I need help getting super combos to work on my MPD. (Shoulda got a MF... I know.lol)

(This is my first thread here, so I apologize if I put it in the wrong place.)

Okay, so I recently got the Instant Gratification mapping installed on my Akai MPD 18. Everything works great, except I can't seem to get super-combos to work and every thread I've seen to fix this was based on the MIDI Fighter. Can anyone help?

Also, I know the DJTT put together the MF, and I think it's an awesome piece of equipment. But honestly, I didn't even know it existed when I bought my MPD. I don't want this to turn into a 'my gear is better than yours debate'. I'm just asking for some honest advice from anyone who's been able to get the combos to work on an Akai controller (or something similar that would help), please and thanks.

This is a great forum, I've read threads here frequently before and watched Ean's tutorials, and I really like the community!

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

I thought the combo's added another midi-note?

Possibly.
    SC | MC

DJTT Mapping Ninja Moderator Stewe's Avatar

An extra MIDI note just makes job easier but you'd be still be able to achieve supercombo using modifiers.

Here is good article on advanced modifiers: http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/02/0...ced-modifiers/

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I appreciate the links, I checked the all out, haven't really found much help there tho. Most of those are attempts to get instant gratification to work... which I've already done. Its just the supercombos that aren't working.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky H View Post
    I thought the combo's added another midi-note?

Possibly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stewe View Post
    An extra MIDI note just makes job easier but you'd be still be able to achieve supercombo using modifiers.

Here is good article on advanced modifiers: http://www.djtechtools.com/2011/02/0...ced-modifiers/
    The thing is, I downloaded the MIDI fighter .tsi file, and I haven't changed it, all the individual buttons line up the way they should... But its still not giving me Supercombos.

The advanced modifiers article helped some, I was able to look at the mapping and at least see that modifer #5 is set up to do the supercombo. (I only really care about getting the beatmasher super combo to work as of now.)

Should I try changing the mode to 'hold' instead of 'direct'? If so, which mappings should I do that for, specifically?

I just tried switching Traktor over to 4-decks (I had C&D disabled before) and that still did nothing... I just don't get what I'm doing wrong here, or what I need to change.

Thanks for trying to help everybody, I do appreciate the effort.