Traktor S4 vs VCI 400SE

Default Traktor S4 vs VCI 400SE

So...

I've had my Traktor S4 for almost a year... I've loved it (when it worked), but I vow to NEVER buy Native Instruments hardware again due to their lack of tech support and buggy hardware...

My S4 caught the fader issue bug (if you don't know what I'm talking about.. ).

It started with just Deck A.. and then Deck B had a similar issue... so I resorted to just using C and D.. and now deck D has the same issue!!!

Native Instruments takes weeks to get back to your support tickets, and they usually don't resolve anything. (they wanted me to return my S4 for repair, so I did.. got it back 3 weeks later ((which resulted in me losing out in about 6 gigs)) and they said the S4 was not broken and not in need of repair).

ANYWAYS, rant over. I'm looking at the VCI 400SE... but I'm so used to the S4 that I may be dumb enough to consider purchasing a cheaper on sale S4 and risk another hardware fault.

So mainly Im curious if anyone has transitioned from the S4 to the VCI 400SE and found the transition seamless... or maybe even better. Thanks.

EDIT: Guys, I've tried practically everything.. trust me... it is not a mapping/calibration/software issue. It is strictly the shitty hardware issues that plague many NI products. Their software is great, but this makes me weary of buying a Maschine... in fear of the same hardware failures and terrible customer service.
    Last edited by djmetalgear; 04-15-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

First try with some air blowing into the fader if that not works Just put some fader lube or something in there. Most of the times it's just dust that's causing the problem. Everybody tells me not to do it but i have put wd40 a number of times in faders and even buttons that didn't work anymore, solves the problem directly. My s4 is 2.5 years old still working and started 1,5 year ago with using wd40. But as mentioned better to use special fader lube.
    http://soundcloud.com/thom-b/
    2011-04-14-the-corners-of-my

KONTROL S8, 2x KONTROL D2, XONE DB4, traktor audio 10, kontrol x1, pioneer hdj 2000, software traktor scratch pro 2 & ableton suite 9

Did you delete the mapping of the S4, install it again, recalibrate everything etc?
    MacBook Pro 13 (Q1 2011) | Adam A5X | Akai APC20 | Alesis QX49 | Behringer BCR2000 | NI Komplete Audio 6

Quote Originally Posted by souldancer View Post
    First try with some air blowing into the fader if that not works Just put some fader lube or something in there. Most of the times it's just dust that's causing the problem. Everybody tells me not to do it but i have put wd40 a number of times in faders and even buttons that didn't work anymore, solves the problem directly. My s4 is 2.5 years old still working and started 1,5 year ago with using wd40. But as mentioned better to use special fader lube.
    at this point i have nothing to lose, decks A,B and D all have the same issue. I tried the keyboard duster.. but that didn't solve anything.

Sometimes when I slam on the faders (up and down) pretty hard, it seems to help the problem... but then it goes back. very very annoying and upsetting that NI would not only have hardware issues, but make it very difficult to clean... (this is when my "REAL dj" friends make fun of me, cause apparently cleaning a normal mixer is very easy).

but anyways, yea ill try some WD-40 and see what happens...
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    but anyways, yea ill try some WD-40 and see what happens...
    Don't ever use WD-40 on electronics. Use fader/switch cleaner like Servisol or Deoxit.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Don't ever use WD-40 on electronics. Use fader/switch cleaner like Servisol or Deoxit.
    thanks. ill give it a shot
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Tech Mentor

any luck? i got a problem with my crossfader and one of the tempo faders, just about to send it to NI for repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by trux View Post
    any luck? i got a problem with my crossfader and one of the tempo faders, just about to send it to NI for repairs.
    Well, since I fked my warranty (i modded my S4 and took it apart a bit), and I still plan on getting a new controller, I decided to just go with the WD-40. I didnt spray it directly into it, I took the fader caps off, sprayed a Q-tip with a bit of WD-40 and stuck it inside fader A slot. It fixed the issue, so I tried it on the rest, and it fixed those as well! Gonna try it out some more... hopefully it has no issues. But as I said, i didnt spray it directly on it... I used a q-tip and used WD-40 sparingly. Caution at ur own risk.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr