please help me.. again.. lol
    Tech Wizard

Default please help me.. again.. lol

right I have the numark ns6 controller blah blah but I want to get technics 1210s and set them up so they play the mp3 from the laptop and not the vinyl that's on the 1210s.. I know an audio box thing can be purchased but I have no idea what its called or n e thing... what do I need to purchase for technics 1210s to be used like in this following video link..

the turntables and vinyl are acting as a controller for the mp3 in traktor on the laptop...
    what do I need to get to get this up and running..
    include everything even the technics turntables please as my local dj store is useless and don't understand what im tryin to explain to them..
    thanks all

Tech Guru

You need DVS for that. If you're using Traktor, it's called Traktor Scratch A6/A10 (depending on how many decks you're using). For Serato, it's Serato Scratch Live (not sure what the difference between the versions is). From what I've read, Serato is better for timecode turntables, but I don't have any experience with either.
    You'll also need a mixer for this. If it's certified for your software (as in, it has an audio interface and works with Traktor/Serato), you'll only need timecode vinyls, no need for a soundcard.

If you are using Traktor you will need a Scratch certified soundcard, like the ones you can see here: http://www.native-instruments.com/en...digital-vinyl/

One of those + control vinyl (wich is usually included with the soundcard) + Traktor Scratch Pro should be enough to get you going

Mixcloud | Soundcloud | Facebook | Website(Dutch)

I mean, i would REALLY like to wake up and have boobs one day but there are reasons that just wouldnt work - Antifmradio

Quote Originally Posted by DISaS73R View Post
    You need DVS for that. If you're using Traktor, it's called Traktor Scratch A6/A10 (depending on how many decks you're using). For Serato, it's Serato Scratch Live (not sure what the difference between the versions is). From what I've read, Serato is better for timecode turntables, but I don't have any experience with either.
    You'll also need a mixer for this. If it's certified for your software (as in, it has an audio interface and works with Traktor/Serato), you'll only need timecode vinyls, no need for a soundcard.
    Not wanting to get into a discussion about which one is better, but Traktor is better than serato in pretty much every aspect. Though to some extent it is just personal preference.

Tech Guru

How bout I tell you exactly what Craze is using in the video...

Pioneer DJM 909 mixer
    2 Technics 1200 turntables
    Traktor Scratch Pro (package comes w/ timecode vinyls, cd's, cables, and in some packages A6/A10 souncard)
    Traktor Kontrol X1
    Audio 8 DJ soundcard