Dream Setup? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dream Setup?

Quote Originally Posted by tekki View Post
    Nah, just your left one. Just watch the vid if you're into production as well.

Ah, LoLz... How could I have forgotten that.

RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Mentor

Allen & Heath DB4 (Own)
    Technics 1210 (x2) (Own x 4)
    Pioneer CDJ 2000 Nexus (next on the shopping list, depending on 900 Nexus spec)
    Allen & Heath K2 (Don't own yet, own Reloop Contour)
    Pioneer RMX1000 (still to buy)
    Sennheiser HD25's (Own) + Allen & Heath XD2-53's (Own)

For Monitors, I guess the Pioneer SDJ08's would be the dream monitors ATM, but would be happy with KRK's.

I suppose a MBP would be okay too, except I hate Apple, so probably just go for a top spec laptop.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

I'm kind of strictly a hobbyist. My life is moving further and further away from being able to make DJing even a passing carreer, and this setup takes that into account.

realistic "dream" DJ Setup:

DDJ-SX
    13" MBP
    2x KRK Rokit RP5s
    1x KRK Rokit RP10s
    1x Lava Lamp
    1x "lightning" lamp
    A nice table.

All I need is the sub and speaker stands.

I can turn on stuff and play at a moment's notice, and my music is easily sync'd with new purchases made on my desktop with some shell scripts and then managed with iTunes (the new version really sucks, but it performs that funciton okay).

Really, the DDJ-SX is everything I need. There's a lot of stuff on it that I don't use.

The sad things is that I own 2 1200s that just aren't getting use because I don't have the room for them or the budget to buy vinyl. I also own SSL, and really...it's just not worth the effort at this point in my life.

This setup is fun enough.

Tech Mentor

15" MBP (I run a 13" now and the screen is ever so slightly too small)
    Denon SC3900 - I miss the vinyl feel
    Traktor Kontrol Z2
    DJ Lou Paris

Tech Wizard

2 Technics 1200's
    Pioneer CDJ's on CDJ mounts over my turntables

Mixer, Needles, speakers and headphones is whatevers,

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mostapha View Post
    I'm kind of strictly a hobbyist. My life is moving further and further away from being able to make DJing even a passing carreer, and this setup takes that into account.

realistic "dream" DJ Setup:

DDJ-SX
    13" MBP
    2x KRK Rokit RP5s
    1x KRK Rokit RP10s
    1x Lava Lamp
    1x "lightning" lamp
    A nice table.

All I need is the sub and speaker stands.

I can turn on stuff and play at a moment's notice, and my music is easily sync'd with new purchases made on my desktop with some shell scripts and then managed with iTunes (the new version really sucks, but it performs that funciton okay).

Really, the DDJ-SX is everything I need. There's a lot of stuff on it that I don't use.

The sad things is that I own 2 1200s that just aren't getting use because I don't have the room for them or the budget to buy vinyl. I also own SSL, and really...it's just not worth the effort at this point in my life.

This setup is fun enough.
    Same. I'm spending more time restoring my tables than actually DJing. I haven't mixed in forever.

Dream setup:

DJM2000 or Xone DB4 or Denon X1700. Any of the flagship mixers really.
    Pair of Yamaha HS80Ms w/ sub
    3 CDJ 2000
    1 RMX1000 just because it's a dream setup.

Not far off tbh,

upgrade my cdj800mk2's for cdj2000's
    My xone 62 for a djm900
    keep my 1210mk2's and my hd25s.

actually I'd love maschine, and better monitors

There's a lot to drool over here.... The RMX1000 seems very popular, and I understand why.
    My dream....
    Top end laptop, with a backlit keyboard, probs a Lenovo, ASUS or MSI one (Although I have got my eye on this badboy atm, not the greatest processor, but 17" screen at 1920*1080 with 8GBs of RAM? Gotta have it. )
    Also a laptop stand.

Controller? I guess a Denon MC600, although I hope to get the MC3000 soon, so I may update this choice once I evaluated Denon products a bit more... I would love to get something I can put chroma caps on, but ....

An RMX1000, taking my master output in and outing to the PA, because, yeah.... Awesome. WITH a stand, of course.

Some kickass cans, but can't decide what yet. Any suggestions? They need to be durable, and with clear crisp sound.

My software of choice is VDJ, (don't hate me). I like VDJ due to a) 1 time payment, and that's it, b) VST support c) VDJ-script, which is great for configuring, well, everything. What do I dislike? Well, the stigma is one thing, and the fact that you can't make the browser any bigger, and the text is MASSIVE in anything but 1280*1024.
    I am currently giving ONE a go... Will be great if they can work out the bugs and glitches.

I think that's about it, besides a Midi Fighter Spectra.

Well, there are cases for everything, I like the look of the MAGMA CTRL cases. And that's it. Besides cables. And minions. And "DJ" Pauly D's swag, because damn, HE is the role model for aspiring DJs.

Malyatrax, out.

A&H Xone: DB2
    A pair of Stanton ST-150s
    Serato SL2
    --------------------------------------------------
    2023 14" MacBook Pro M2 Max 32 GB (OS Ventura 13.5.1), Rekordbox, Technics SL-1210GRs,
    DJM-A9, DDJ-XP2, Sennheiser Acoustick.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast