Will.I.Am “borrows” MatZo & Arty track... - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    altho scummy, this isn't anything new. very shitty, especially if they weren't cleared. I mean, I know like half of Flo.Ridas album is all basically rip offs of EDM classics, but im pretty sure he got permission? idk
    Quick FYI, this was discussed here once and a post stated:
    "Bäumer and Hoogstraten (Bingo Players) are credited as co-producers of I Cry"
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    Permission or not, i think pop producers should stick to pop music and make something original instead of just ripping off people who've had to work hard to get where they are within the more underground side of music.
    LOLOL at putting "pop music" and "original" in the same sentence.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    LOLOL at putting "pop music" and "original" in the same sentence.

Well i use it for lack of a better name. But there have been good 'pop' songs that although take influences from other genres, dont just rip stuff straight from others!
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Quote Originally Posted by DubluW View Post
    Well i use it for lack of a better name. But there have been good 'pop' songs that although take influences from other genres, dont just rip stuff straight from others!
    true true. but those 'pop' artists are usually in bands with their own instrument/members...

these pop singers have zero talent except to dance like a puppet and sing other peoples lyrics and steal other peoples productions. theyre jokes
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Oh and i have a little story to share.
    Some of you may know this song
    I'm a good friend with the guy behind the whole blackmachine project, so he basically run the block, from music production to management. The 2 guys were only a coverup dancing at shows.

So basically in 2008 these guys came out with the same song, just with a voice layer over it.
    He contacted the label and they didn't respond and still aren't. He actually sent a lawyer to korea and what they told him is basically that there's nothing they can do for him.

Just a little anecdote
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    Oh and i have a little story to share.
    Some of you may know this song
    I'm a good friend with the guy behind the whole blackmachine project, so he basically run the block, from music production to management. The 2 guys were only a coverup dancing at shows.

So basically in 2008 these guys came out with the same song, just with a voice layer over it.
    He contacted the label and they didn't respond and still aren't. He actually sent a lawyer to korea and what they told him is basically that there's nothing they can do for him.

Just a little anecdote
    did they clear the sax sample? (the old tune)

Quote Originally Posted by johney View Post
    did they clear the sax sample? (the old tune)
    I don't know bout that. But Given that it's the SAME beat and even the song name, they should at least have contacted him beforehand.
    This is the original:
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Half of the house classics in the late 90s early 2000s were all songs that were ripped of from disco and funk & soul tracks of the 70s.

This is nothing new. And Will.I.Am just ripped off some other dudes corny pop/trance track... both tracks are garbage, in my OPINION.

Default Another Will.i.am EDM rip!

This one sounds sooo familiar..

it's on the tip of my tongue.....

oh yeah, Sandro Silva and Quintino - Epic

asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by teambama View Post
    Check out what paris hilton is doing. You can learn a few things from her. She just started out as well....

Quote Originally Posted by LanceBlaise View Post
    Half of the house classics in the late 90s early 2000s were all songs that were ripped of from disco and funk & soul tracks of the 70s.

This is nothing new. And Will.I.Am just ripped off some other dudes corny pop/trance track... both tracks are garbage, in my OPINION.
    just cause ur OPINION says something is garbage does not mean that song should be stolen. and yea disco songs are sampled alot, but not entirely ripped off. This is on some Flosstradamus shit (and I love them, but they def rip tracks to the fullest)
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast