Will.I.Am “borrows” MatZo & Arty track...
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Will.I.Am “borrows” MatZo & Arty track...

What a Scumbag.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

its just not fair, i hope the Anjunabeats family kicks his ass.

altho scummy, this isn't anything new. very shitty, especially if they weren't cleared. I mean, I know like half of Flo.Ridas album is all basically rip offs of EDM classics, but im pretty sure he got permission? idk
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Permission or not, i think pop producers should stick to pop music and make something original instead of just ripping off people who've had to work hard to get where they are within the more underground side of music.
    A+H DB4, Technics 1210's x2, F1, X1MK2 x2, MaschineMk2, Akai LPK 25, MF3D, XDJ-1000 x2.

Tech Guru

This is pretty ridiculous. I know there's no real rules to sampling but it seems like people who sample frequently use older records that are past their prime. This is cool because it breathes new life into an older track that may have never been heard by todays audience. This just seems like blatant laziness to samples songs that aren't even a year old and it sucks that a mainstream artist will get more recognition than the original. A perfect example is TJR's "Funky Vodka", when my buddy first played this track I absolutely loved it, but it didn't get the crowd going as much as Pitbull's track "Don't Stop the Party". This really sucks because this hack who already has a massive audience is gaining all the fame and fortune for a track he didn't make. You could say this about all people who sample but again they've gone through the effort to dig up a lost gem and flip it into a modern take. Where as Pitbull and Flo-Rida are blatantly taking modern songs, toy with the arrangement and drums, add shitty lyrics and call it a day.

Aren't they copyright rules to stop this - I would've thought he would have to pay royalties at least?
    SC | MC

Didn't he also do this with a Adam Freelands' Mancry?
    2x A. Audio HTD 4.5 | Sony MDR 7506 | Xone:4D | Sony Vaio E i7 | 2x KRK 8 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Launchpad | NI Maschine | NI Komplete 8 | Ableton Live 9

I just hate it these days when i hear ripoffs of great songs sung by these sellout rappers/vocalists/whaterver they are.

This= nicki romero-toulouse
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

I think this should be labelled a name and shame thread for all those who ripped songs from other!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast