MF Spectra "Lag" in Ableton??

Default MF Spectra "Lag" in Ableton??

Hey,

Got my spectra mainly to use as a sample trigger in traktor.. but i decided to mess around with it in ableton.

I'm a bit new to ableton but know i about latency and what not... anyways, I've noticed somewhat of a "lag" when it comes to lets say the drum rack. Its not huge, but its just enough to throw me off if I'm doing 16ths/32nd rolls...

I don't think its software related.. I think it may have to do with the MF having legit actual arcade buttons that need to be pressed in order for something to be triggered. I love the iPad for this reason, since its touch sensitive, the trigger is immediate.

My question is, has anyone felt/noticed the same thing? (i produce trap/hiphop so snare 16ths/32nd are pretty standard/common in my production.)

I was thinkin of getting an MPD26.

Any input for production in ableton is appreciated... especially if you've tried both a MF and a drum pad of sorts.
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Hey - I love pads and have tried many with drum racks.

I think you might be disappointed with an MPD - check out Maschine and QuNeo.
    The more physical movement required, the lower the upper limit of the speed with which you could play. Different controllers handle the on/off MIDI messages for each of the buttons and pads differently.

Quote Originally Posted by botstein View Post
    Hey - I love pads and have tried many with drum racks.

I think you might be disappointed with an MPD - check out Maschine and QuNeo.
    The more physical movement required, the lower the upper limit of the speed with which you could play. Different controllers handle the on/off MIDI messages for each of the buttons and pads differently.
    sorry im a bit confused with what you mean by 'movement'.

do you mean actual movement of the button being pressed (button vs pad)?
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    sorry im a bit confused with what you mean by 'movement'.

do you mean actual movement of the button being pressed (button vs pad)?
    Yeah. It's just the same as fader taps - they can be faster if the fader only has to move a millimeter or two than if the fader has to move 5 cm for the sound to cut in.

Yeah. It's just the same as fader taps - they can be faster if the fader only has to move a millimeter or two than if the fader has to move 5 cm for the sound to cut in.
    thanks. so the maschine is ur recommendation? i dont really wanna shell out 500.. i heard the Korg KontrolPad has some sensitive pads, any experience with that?
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

thanks. so the maschine is ur recommendation? i dont really wanna shell out 500.. i heard the Korg KontrolPad has some sensitive pads, any experience with that?
    Yes, I recommend Maschine. No, I don't recommend the Korg - definitely not the same pads. What about QuNeo? They can be had for $199.

Yes, I recommend Maschine. No, I don't recommend the Korg - definitely not the same pads. What about QuNeo? They can be had for $199.
    i remember reading a review that the QuNeo had 'gooey' pads, kinda like the launchpad... if u say different, ill tryand check it out next time im at a guitar center
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

i remember reading a review that the QuNeo had 'gooey' pads, kinda like the launchpad... if u say different, ill tryand check it out next time im at a guitar center
    I don't think so - it's quite different from the launchpad. QuNeo's pads each have velocity, x/y, and poly aftertouch - the launchpad's don't have any of those things. I like the feel a lot.

I also pmed you.