Modding 101 - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Modding 101

Not long now kids only 2 weeks to go till I move out of my shipping crate and off of my mates couch to my new abode then let the mod fest continue, the break has allowed me to source some more tidbits for the build as well so stay tuned.

Tech Student

hey bro whats up? you still going to finish this tutorial?

Yep gonna finish it, If I get time tomorrow I might raid my mates workshop and do another install, I'm still couch surfing at the moment hence the delay in posts

Tech Student

I still have some old controllers, and a soldering iron. I would love to be able to turn them back to life in the form of DJ equipment =D

Keep it up, my friend! You're doing a great job!

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Quenepas View Post
    Now THATS something Im looking foward to see! Hypothetically they can be used also as touch sensitive since those are made of magnetron sputtering that mix a bunch of metal alloys making them conductive of magnetism as well as electricity... nice!
    That's the best bit they don't need to be touch sensitive! They already are!
    As you have: Spinning Platter > Laser/Something reading it. Meaning when the platter has it's speed affected i.e touched there's a reaction.

Tech Student

I hope the project isn't abandoned, I was really looking forward to seeing the end result =)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by handyface View Post
    I hope the project isn't abandoned, I was really looking forward to seeing the end result =)
    Don't worry I found USB gamepads (straight xbox controller clones) for $30. I'm seriously considering do this mod.

Tech Student

Oh that's great to hear =D I'd also like to do this, I have 3 unused Xbox controllers I'd like to convert to a nice little traktor controller but I lack the knowledge to do so. So I was hoping to learn it here. I guess I'll have to do some research and try it myself.

Good luck with your project, Remote. I am looking forward to your worklog (if you are making one) =D

Handyface.

Dude I hope everything works out with finding your own place, life's a bitch sometimes
    I used to link music in my signature but nowadays I don't.

Tech Student

/agree

Good luck, man!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast