Traktor S4 and Pioneer DDJ-SX Questions

Default Traktor S4 and Pioneer DDJ-SX Questions

I am stuck on these controllers. I first learned on a traktor s2, so I prefer traktor (plus it has beat jumping! does the ddj? ). I also enjoy traktor a lot more than serato, although I like how the waves are all next to each other on serato (why not traktor?!) I've played with the ddj and it is a fine unit. very professional, and has a lot of features. The only thing that gets me is that it cant beat jump like the s4 can. I dj edm, so when i'm making my mashups/sets its easier to be able to find where i want to mix with the browsing wheels on the s4. With the pioneer I am having to eye everything, and then listen to it to make sure its correct, which takes a lot more time since I have to wait it out to see how it sounds. I want to love the ddj, but the s4 wins for me because of its ease of use. And this isn't about just playing songs one after another, I actually use 3 or all 4 tracks at once sometimes, and i just find traktor easier to work with overall (mapping on the grid with i guess?), but thats from my experience. How do people dj edm with the pioneer? I see how it can be great for hip hop. please, teach me or else i'm going back to the s4 tomorrow!
    Last edited by jnehc; 04-16-2013 at 09:20 PM.

I am using the DDJ SX with traktor and have mapped the parameter buttons to jump +- 16 beats and while holding shift +-4 beats. whit mapping you can make any controller do anything in Traktor. I a 100% EDM DJ
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

oh ! well then, how do I get to doing this? What's the difference between traktor and ddj then if they can both run on traktor ? Except for the obvious reason that one is native to the program. I heard the jogwheels also get less sensitive, but that's not too much of an issue since I don't scratch often. Since you said that, it makes me not want to get the s4 because of how nice the ddj is... I like the design of traktor pro better tho .

Default How to modify mapping to use 4/8/16/32 beat jump on DDJ-SX using Traktor?

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    I am using the DDJ SX with traktor and have mapped the parameter buttons to jump +- 16 beats and while holding shift +-4 beats. whit mapping you can make any controller do anything in Traktor. I a 100% EDM DJ
    Could you please elaborate on how to modify the mapping to achieve the beat jump functionality on the DDJ-SX using Traktor software?
    I believe the Parameter buttons correspond to 6-13 & 6-14 using the SX mapping file on Traktor. Now do I configure this to do the beat jump?