Need plan for my night party.

Default Need plan for my night party.

I'm going to organize a mid night parties at my home where i will like to apply DJ for more fun.
    I estimate that 80-90 persons will be join me at this party. But main problem is that who can i plan it and mange 90 person at the same time, also which sort of music will be suitable.
    Anyone advice me?

watch the movie "Project X" and try to avoid that happening to your party
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    Agreed. Also I wouldn't post it on Facebook; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...oes-wrong.html
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ
    https://soundcloud.com/bmz/

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by joemanton View Post
    Agreed. Also I wouldn't post it on Facebook; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...oes-wrong.html
    Joe im posting your bbq in summer all over facebook
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    Joe im posting your bbq in summer all over facebook
    When I was at Uni, it was May and I was leaving for 4 months in Ibiza, so had a leaving party, Sankeys with Joris Voorn & Fanciulli and a cheeky after party back at my place.

Stuck it on Facebook, big mistake. I had random people coming up to me saying, are you going to that BMZ afterparty. 'WHAT'! That's my afterparty. Anyway, turned out about 100 people turned up. We had decks, smoke machine, laser, strobe...the works. Me and a few others went B2B with the Sankeys djs that turned up. It was epic!

Luckily, I was flying the next day so buggered off and left the cleaning to my house mate. The place was a WRECK! In fact, we had many afterparties (usually a lot more tame) but I had a piranha tank at the time, people used to think it was funny to dip different narcotics into the tank!! Not happy. Luckily this time I'd taped up the tank so no one could get in.

Crazy times.
    Macbook Pro 2.4GHz / Traktor 2.6.1 / Numark 4Trak / M-Audio BX8 D2 / M-Audio Axiom 25 Midi Keyboard / Ableton 8

Twitter @JordanBMZ

Tech Mentor

Please tell me Joris was one of them?
    Technics 1210 mk2 Pair, Pioneer DJM600, Traktor Kontrol x1, NI Audio 6, NI Maschine Mikro MK2, MacBook 2009, iPad 2 with Traktor DJ, Pioneer HDJ-500, Shure M447's

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by city_boy07 View Post
    Please tell me Joris was one of them?
    We actually spoke to him and begged him to come. Unfortunately his response was 'Aaaaah I have to catch a flight'.

Twitter @JordanBMZ

Tech Mentor

that is ACE!!!!

I've been planning my housewarming party for the past month (while talking about it since October) and it's this Saturday (yes, I'm stressed). It's going to be an over 12hrs party, with 8 different DJs, over 100 invites and somewhere around 60 attending. Get ready, it will be stressful.

My event is on FB, invite only and believe it or not, the 60 people we are expecting are close friends. We've been working hard on making everyone understand this is an invite-only event and I will not be afraid to kick anyone out of my house that I don't like. If you don't want to have to deal with this, maybe give tickets to people? Anyone without a ticket can't get in?

Planning and managing the people at the same time is doable because you plan, then it's party time and by then your planning should be done and you can manage people. Now, you wanna mix while managing at the same time? Either you trust the people you invited, either you plan the whole thing with a friend who can keep an eye on the crowd.

When it comes to music, what do you like and what does your crowd like? This Saturday, I have 8 different DJs, I'm one, it's 6 different sets + 1 tag team for a total of 7, with an open slot after 6AM for whoever who'd like more or for a vinyl hour. We'll be playing some Tech House/Progressive House/Deep House/Trance/Hip-Hop because that's what we like, that's what the DJs like and that's what the crowd likes. You have to find what suits everyone and advertise it. Don't play Trance if you expect people who like hip-hop but don't invite people who like hip-hop and you're only gonna spin trance.

I hope this is helpful!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

Quote Originally Posted by dj gullum View Post
    However, watch party monster and do it like that.
    2 x gemini PT 1000 . Gemini PS-525 . X1
    NI Audio 6 . Traktor Scratch pro 2
    2007 Macbook Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mighty FV View Post
    manners don't cost a thing dude - never forget that, it'll help you in all walks of life.