any sound-activated 'small scale' strobe lights for home use?
    Tech Wizard

Default any sound-activated 'small scale' strobe lights for home use?

hey everybody, i'm holding a massive pregame at my loft for Armin Van Buuren in Philadelphia on May 10th.. i have somewhere in the range of 40-50 people who are already confirmed (with guests invited as well).. i'm looking into throwing down a hardstyle, minimal electro pregame at my place before hand (yes, i know we're going to a TRANCE show, yet i'm still looking to showcase my DJ skills).. just looking to familiarize all my friends with my 'sound', and get everyone hyped before heading out to Festival Pier (outdoor 'festival'-style venue)..

i was hoping to get a recommendation on 'sound activated' strobe lights/colored laser lights (preferably under the cost of $300-$500/US American Dollars.. I have a set of Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus tables, connected to a DJM-900 Nexus mixer.. i play exclusively from USB flash drives/SD cards (no laptop involved).. and was hoping to find some semi-high quality effects that will compliment my set nicely.. but without having to connect additional cables to said effects.. just looking for something to add to the ambiance..

i'm not looking for "top-of-the-line" equipment here.. just good enough equipment to throw a wild party/pregame.. most of the strobe's and effect's that i've researched thus far require connection from controllers to effects, which i am hoping to avoid..

are there any "freestanding" strobe light/dj effect tools that can "feel" the sound of the music playing, rather than having to connect these to a series of cables? (the easier the "plug-and-play" value, the better).. thanks everyone! looking forward to hearing your responses, and if you're in the Philadelphia area, feel free to send me a PM and join in my Armin pregame!!

EDIT: also, if there are any effects that are easily connected to a pair of CDJ-2000 Nexus' & DJM-900 Nexus, without the use of a laptop, those recommendations are welcome too!! thanks!
    Last edited by lip5016; 04-17-2013 at 02:20 AM.

Tech Guru

http://www.agiprodj.com/chauvet-circ...be-effect.html

Haven't personally used it but after watching the videos it looks like it could fit your needs.

the strobe light we used for pub parties, we just connected from the booth monitor straight into the DMX in and it kinda worked, went harder the higher your turned the booth up and less frequent as you turned it down.
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

@edit, EFX1000 / RMX 1000 ?
    DJM800 | 2xCDJ2000 | RMX1000 | Adidas HD25's
    2011 MBP | Traktor 2.6 | Kontrol S4 | Scratch Live | SL2
    Mac Pro | Ableton | Access Virus C | Maschine
    Facebook || Soundcloud || Twitter

Tech Mentor

The ADJ Revo series is nice. Sound responsive, covers well, looks good in fog, very lightweight and no moving parts. I have the revo 4, and it's probably my favorite piece of light kit.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Tech Mentor

Pretty much all Chauvet and ADJ lights are sound activated. You just plug them in, adjust the sensitivity and go.
    Traktor Kontrol Z2 | (2) Pioneer CDJ-2000 | Traktor Kontrol X1 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6
    MacBook Pro | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | (2) EV ELX115P | EV ELX112P | (2) EV ELX118P

What does hardstyle, minimal, electro sound like?
    The MUSIC is what matters!
    Everything else is _________