IKEA Modders! Get over here!

Default IKEA Modders! Get over here!

Hi all!

I've been trying to scrape together a design for an IKEA DJ booth as my current one is about to collapse due to my incessant purchases of new gear.

Has anyone seen an IKEA DJ booth that contains space for x2 Technics, x2 CDJ 900s(above the Technics, don't have much space), a DJM 800 , 2 KRK Rokit 5s and a 15" MBP all on the same unit?

If you have it would be amazing if you could point me in the direction, totally struggling here.

Many thanks

Standard 4x2 expedit with a table top and 2 table legs woud do that. You could either add a shelf at the back for the MBP and the speakers, or get speaker stands (also available at Ikea) and any laptop stand...
    Last edited by Patch; 04-17-2013 at 06:30 AM.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

There are soooo many threads on here and articles on the inter-wotsit about this subject I don't think you will have too much trouble finding information.

There are 'how to's' on various websites.

As Pat said, Expedits are the basis of what you need. The rest is down to personal choice.

There's an amazing modular system at ikea - basically 2 side bars with abrackets and a metal shelf between them. PERFECT for a laptop and 2 CDJ's.

I've had a look and can't find it - do seach and see what you come up with.
    DJ'ing: 2x1200MK2, DJM 850, Dicers, F1, Zomo MC-1000, Sony MDR-v700, i7 Win 10 HP Envy
    Production: Ableton Live 8 and a mouse, Sennheiser HD400, Sony VAIO

Click HERE to D/L Free Tracks from Soundcloud!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/Patchdj

Ikea makes a very long (like 2m long) tabletop that you could secure on an Expedit bookshelf. That one is pretty skinny (60cm or so). I'm using a larger one but not as long and without my shelf, I could fit my TTs behind my CDJs which is not really convenient.

What Patch is talking about is a shoe rack. It could work well too, I've seen it. If you have any question, let me know, I know Ikea parts by heart since I built my booth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
    We could make love next to your DJM2000, you could caress the EQ knobs as I hit the effects button... It would be so perfect.
    DJM-2000 + X1 + A8 + MBP 13 (early 2013)
    Backup: S4 - S2 - CDJ-400s - T.62s

Tech Wizard

Check out the sticky in the Show Your Setup section, there's a full guide on how to make a really nice desk in there.

One other thing I'd do is take the length, width, height, and weight measurements of your gear (or just get them from the OEM), and draw out a layout on paper that looks good to you. Then you can surf Ikea or some furniture store site and compare them against your gear and your drawing.