Not too new tracks and bit rate
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Not too new tracks and bit rate

I love some older tracks, for exemple, a song called "Macumba Walele", and well, when I bought it, I saw that the bit rate is 192 kbps, and I had the same problem with other old tracks x.x

What do you use to do when you have to mix some tracks that are not 320 kbps?, do you use any "trick" to get a better sound quality?
    (2) Kontrol F1 - Kontrol S2 - (2) Technichs SL1210 mk2 - Maschine Mikro MK2 - Akai APC 20 - Midi Fighter Spectra - RMX 1000 - (2) Rokkit 6 - Gemini DJX05 - Kontrol Z2 - (2) Kontrol X1 MK2

Tech Guru

You can never go up in quality.

I think you can get away with 192 kbps, but 128 kbps is pushing it. It tends to sound really grainy and stuff.

You might have to drop the gain of the 320 kbps track a bit since the 192kbps track won't be able to pushed as much.

AAC @192 is pretty good, at least in the mp3 @256 territory.
    Some lower bitrate songs tend to lose the upper frequencies since they're the most difficult to sample at lower bitrates, so if i ever have to mix some 128 stuff i usually turn up the highs a bit
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

i wouldn't go lower than 256 (fucking amazon) but even that is very exceptional.
    i can imagine 128 sounding atrocious on a rig

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    AAC @192 is pretty good, at least in the mp3 @256 territory.
    Some lower bitrate songs tend to lose the upper frequencies since they're the most difficult to sample at lower bitrates, so if i ever have to mix some 128 stuff i usually turn up the highs a bit
    +1, crank the treble.

Tech Mentor

Where are you buying tunes that are 192? I just want to make sure I don't get screwed. I bought an EP from amazon once and was pissed. Luckily the producer gave me a 320 because he felt bad.

Quote Originally Posted by b1sh0p View Post
    Where are you buying tunes that are 192? I just want to make sure I don't get screwed. I bought an EP from amazon once and was pissed. Luckily the producer gave me a 320 because he felt bad.
    I bought that 192 kbps track on legalsounds.com, because there was only that quality :c

But 99,99% of the tracks there are 320 kbps, and are only 0.09$ o.o

Thanks to everyone!
    Then, I'll just won't go lower than 256
    (2) Kontrol F1 - Kontrol S2 - (2) Technichs SL1210 mk2 - Maschine Mikro MK2 - Akai APC 20 - Midi Fighter Spectra - RMX 1000 - (2) Rokkit 6 - Gemini DJX05 - Kontrol Z2 - (2) Kontrol X1 MK2

Quote Originally Posted by rawwwr View Post
    .09 cents? this can't be right.

that's uber cheap!

legal sounds.

yeah right

i hope you're just taking the piss. if not, you got screwed over

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by papo View Post
    .09 cents? this can't be right.

that's uber cheap!
    The very fact that the site has legal in the name is a very good indication that they are illegal. My friend used one that used a credit system, worked out about 30p a song, thought it was legal. That was the first time I came across this illegal pay site scam. They're basically MP3 search engines, but have the cheek to charge, and they're all based in countries were the RIAA and such have trouble getting their way.
    Kontrol S4Senn HD 25-1Kontrol F1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast