Best controller available - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

For me it's the Denon DN-MC6000, Though that Pio DDJ-SX is looking pretty good...

Intoxicated /adj./ When you feel sophisticated without being able to pronounce it.

facebook.com/DJJakeLake
    jakelake.info

Tech Guru

Standalone?? I never owned one, but the MC6000 has been around long enough for me to call it fairly well built, def think it's gotta be one of the best built standalone controllers.

Modular? I mean I really like my X1. Not much to it to go wrong, but at the same time I've never had a problem w/ it, and I dont recall seeing anyone writing about any malfunctions.

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Does that thing really have encoders for the FX section?
    Yeah, they work well though. They're depress-capable encoders as well, so you can map them so pressing them resets the effect parameters; VERY useful for Macro FX as they'll reset instantly to the 50% mark (off).

Tech Guru

Tactile feedback from pots is much better IMO, you can reset them almost as easily, and are smooth apart from the detent. I read from one of the comments that the Jockey FX encoders have clicks? I guess that's why they added Dry/Wet functionality to the channel faders..

Also why did they put on a Cue/Master mix mini fader in the middle? A standard pot would be so much better.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Banned

What a silly question.

Also how has nobody said BCR-2000?
    I'd also make a claim that the Xone K2 is up there.
    Midi fighter 3D deserves a spot as well.

Also, LMAO @ the couple silly kids that actually typed "S2" or "S4" as a serious response for the best controller on the market.

Banned

Actually, fuck it, as long as we're only talking about DJ controllers, technically speaking the CDJ-2000 nexus is the best controller ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Tactile feedback from pots is much better IMO, you can reset them almost as easily, and are smooth apart from the detent. I read from one of the comments that the Jockey FX encoders have clicks? I guess that's why they added Dry/Wet functionality to the channel faders..

Also why did they put on a Cue/Master mix mini fader in the middle? A standard pot would be so much better.
    For EQing, definitely. Not so much for effects though; the fact that there are now TWO different types of effects (Normal and Macro) in Traktor confused the issue; you want pots with center detents for the Macro ones (and HARD detents, because even 1/100th either side and the sound changes drastically), and ones without for normal effects; encoders is a good alternative when neither type of pot is really ideal for every situation. But they have to be push encoders for that reset capability, otherwise they're a nightmare to use.

As for the fader, no idea tbh. Probably a design choice for some sort of "symmetry" between the two channel faders and the crossfader. I'd have used a knob, personally. I suppose it's better visual feedback though.

Ps3 controller for size and portability

DJTT Administrator del Ritmo padi_04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdcdesign View Post
    Yeah, they work well though. They're depress-capable encoders as well, so you can map them so pressing them resets the effect parameters; VERY useful for Macro FX as they'll reset instantly to the 50% mark (off).
    And the fact that you can have it update parameters as you scroll through regular fx is priceless IMO, no need to play catch up. non click encoders for the job or endless pots with led/screen feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by octostout View Post
    Also, LMAO @ the couple silly kids that actually typed "S2" or "S4" as a serious response for the best controller on the market.
    There's a big difference between the two. I'd say the S4 is still a contender.

Considering NHL & MIDI modes, Timecode support, and all of the same controls the X1 the piece the DJTT vets voted for. I've got mine spinnin' like a top.
    Technics MK2 + Maschine MK1 + Kontrol F1 + Kontrol S4 + Kontrol F1 + Mikro MK1 + Technics MK2
    Ortofon Digitrack/Scratch S/Nightclub S/DJ S + Slow Roasted SuperSeal + EV 112P x 2 w/ ZXA1-Sub
    *PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT PURCHASING QSC, YAMAHA, or EV LOUDSPEAKERS*

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast