Low Input Scratch Pro 2. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tech Guru

I'm guessing you've tried setting the input mode already?
    http://www.native-instruments.com/kn...ftware+Lock%29
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Line inputs sound fine.

Something quite weird happens, when i flick to phono on the mixer and just play the vinyl through, traktors deck inputs show a nice hot signal, when i switch back to line on the mixer, so that it's actually traktors output, the signal drops. Also, it sounds like the highs are being cut a bit, or quality degraded, hard to tell because it's so quiet and when gained to fuck it's just horrible.

Defo a hardware issue, hoping it's the mixer.

Tech Guru

The mixer should not have any effect on how turntables work with Traktor, since it's later on in the chain (after Traktor's outputs).

If you're just testing the Audio 8 the mixer should not even be connected tbh. Put turntables directly into the Audio 8, and use Internal Mixing Mode with headphones/speakers connected directly to the A8.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Maxted View Post
    Line inputs sound fine.

Something quite weird happens, when i flick to phono on the mixer and just play the vinyl through, traktors deck inputs show a nice hot signal, when i switch back to line on the mixer, so that it's actually traktors output, the signal drops. Also, it sounds like the highs are being cut a bit, or quality degraded, hard to tell because it's so quiet and when gained to fuck it's just horrible.

Defo a hardware issue, hoping it's the mixer.
    Yea I get what your thinking, you think your line inputs on the mixer might be bad. Still wouldnt affect why you are getting a weak timecode signal. For your reference, the input mode button doesnt work the way you think....basically all I'm saying is that it's fine. Just make sure the audio 8 is set to "timecode vinyl" on channels A/B (or 1,2,3,4), if they are please make sure you are using the MK2 Vinyl, because depending on when you bought Scratch pro, the original timecode vinyls (ones that used to come w/ the audio 8 in the scratch package) will not work.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    The mixer should not have any effect on how turntables work with Traktor, since it's later on in the chain (after Traktor's outputs).

If you're just testing the Audio 8 the mixer should not even be connected tbh. Put turntables directly into the Audio 8, and use Internal Mixing Mode with headphones/speakers connected directly to the A8.
    Went through setup video, everything was identical (bar the XLR connections on multicores).

So i removed everything from the mixer, timecode signals are now working (left is a bit weaker, but that needle is worse i'm sure).

Plugged back in line inputs to mixer, plugged back in the phono outs.

EVERYTHING WORKING!

Very bizzare...

Yea I get what your thinking, you think your line inputs on the mixer might be bad. Still wouldnt affect why you are getting a weak timecode signal. For your reference, the input mode button doesnt work the way you think....basically all I'm saying is that it's fine. Just make sure the audio 8 is set to "timecode vinyl" on channels A/B (or 1,2,3,4), if they are please make sure you are using the MK2 Vinyl, because depending on when you bought Scratch pro, the original timecode vinyls (ones that used to come w/ the audio 8 in the scratch package) will not work.
    I was actually thinking the phono amps on the A8 were fucked, or some kind of interference from my mix, which it appears to have been (oddly gone after unplugging-repluggin :/).

I'm using MK1 timecode, but everything is working fine now!

Tech Guru

bad cables possibly...or maybe something swapped. BTW, I personally am not a fan of the multicores, the couple different sets I used leaked timcode signal into the Line input coming into the mixer. Could be just a bad couple pairs I ran into, but I don't even think they come with any of the new scratch packages anymore

Tech Guru

Okay.....

Everything was working, then after trying with a record (switching to phono on mixer) and going back to timecode (even with recalibration) the input signal went too low and started skipping.

Pulled out the phono-throughs, and the scopes shot back up.

So some interfere from the mixer, somehow it is feeding back, as soon as i plug either channel in, that channels timecode drops to low input.

Tech Guru

the couple different sets I used leaked timcode signal into the Line input coming into the mixer
    Has to be that, but losing it in the phono through (and that also explains when playing vinyl through why an input was detected).

Good call!

I don't like the multicores much anyway, rather short and bulky, i'd rather tape up a bunch of standard rca's.

Edit: Thinking about it, the odds of both cables having the same problem is a bit long. But at least i know it's not the A8 hardware.
    Last edited by Maxted; 04-17-2013 at 04:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12