Mixer/Controller Questions
    Tech Student

Default Mixer/Controller Questions

So I have scoured the internet looking for the answer to my questions but haven't found anything so I figured you guys could help.
    I am currently using a Mixtrack Pro and my Macbook, but I would like to transition to a CDJ and mixer set up. If I were to buy a MIDI mixer (DDM4000, DJM 850/750) and an audio interface, could I use my Macbook with Traktor as an alternative to buying CDJ's (because I am a little low on funds) or would I need to get something like a Kontrol X1 to use as a player?

Imo, go to Xone4D, it has everything you'll ever need, I owned one until a few weeks ago, and it's an awesome mixer/controller
    A Xone 4D is something like a Xone 92 + 2x Xone 1d
    (2) Kontrol F1 - Kontrol S2 - (2) Technichs SL1210 mk2 - Maschine Mikro MK2 - Akai APC 20 - Midi Fighter Spectra - RMX 1000 - (2) Rokkit 6 - Gemini DJX05 - Kontrol Z2 - (2) Kontrol X1 MK2

Tech Guru

There is no point buying just a mixer if you want to transition to using CDJs. You could continue to use the Mixtrack as your mixer and add some CDJs that can be used as MIDI/HID controllers within Traktor until you can afford the new mixer too.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by rawwwr View Post
    Imo, go to Xone4D, it has everything you'll ever need, I owned one until a few weeks ago, and it's an awesome mixer/controller
    A Xone 4D is something like a Xone 92 + 2x Xone 1d
    I wish I had that kind of cash haha

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    There is no point buying just a mixer if you want to transition to using CDJs. You could continue to use the Mixtrack as your mixer and add some CDJs that can be used as MIDI/HID controllers within Traktor until you can afford the new mixer too.
    I guess I should have phrased my OP a little better, I NEVER EVER use the jog wheels for anything, I only use the mixer and my computer, so when I say that I want to transition to CDJ's, that would be to eliminate the need for my computer/ use a more club standard setup. I would like to get a dedicated 4 channel mixer and am just wondering if I need some sort of controller weather that be CDJ/ X1 ect/ or if I can use my computer to send the music to the mixer and get by without having CDJ's/X1, until I have the coin to completely get away from using a computer.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winkapaw View Post
    So I have scoured the internet looking for the answer to my questions but haven't found anything so I figured you guys could help.
    I am currently using a Mixtrack Pro and my Macbook, but I would like to transition to a CDJ and mixer set up. If I were to buy a MIDI mixer (DDM4000, DJM 850/750) and an audio interface, could I use my Macbook with Traktor as an alternative to buying CDJ's (because I am a little low on funds) or would I need to get something like a Kontrol X1 to use as a player?
    To answer your question, Yes. You can map either your keyboard or you can map the MIDI mapable buttons or knobs on whatever mixer you plan on getting.

Have you thought about gemini cdjs?
    Quote Originally Posted by donstone View Post
    I only use VINYL flooring. Rugs are for cheaters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Patch View Post
    If you can't find an Abba song that you like, you are a liar of the highest order.

Tech Student

Quote Originally Posted by manchild View Post
    To answer your question, Yes. You can map either your keyboard or you can map the MIDI mapable buttons or knobs on whatever mixer you plan on getting.
    But there is no need to get a player? Can use the audio interface and my computer to get the music into the mixer, and then have Traktor in external mixing mode?