1 2.33%
  • Nothing

13 30.23%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you unplug ?

Tech Mentor

Default Do you unplug ?

So the poll is about;

Do you unplug your audio interface and controllers when you are using your computer for something else than producing or Djing ?

Tech Mentor

All I do is flick the power switches for my vci and contour ie but leave the USBs plugged in

Get a 10 port powered USB hub and you'll never have to unplug anything again.

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Moo View Post
    Get a 10 port powered USB hub and you'll never have to unplug anything again.
    That's just what I've done though as I went for a cheep one it struggles to supply enough power for more than 6 USB buss powered devices which is fine for me as everything is plugged into my Mac Pro so just have my hdds plugged into the machine on there own port and for when I'm out and about I take my old 7 port hub with me and use my MacBook Pro

Never ever unplug anything. I have a Macbook Pro for DJ'ing and is only used for that I have a flightcase for my DDJ SX with an intergated power strip and a powered USB hub. I use my iMac for everything else producing music, downloading, internet and gaming . Have a M-Audio firewire solo connected as soundcarl and use that as main sound too. I have my Guitar and mic always connected to the M-Audio and midi keyboard and Mashine always connected to my iMac. The M-Audio is roothed trough a line on my DDJ SX that is connected to my Event 20/20 studio monitors. Only time I ever disconnect anything is when I go out giging. I only need to dissconnect 3 cables and ready to go and at the club I only need to plug in the power and line out of the DDJ SX and power up and play.
    I don't see any reason why to unplug anything if your going to do something not music related on a computer.
    DJ setup 1 - Pioneer XDJ-Aero, Pioneer DDJ-SP1, Mixvibes Cross, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000. DJ setup 2 - NI Kontrol F1, Z1, X1mkII, Traktor Pro2, Macbook Air 13", Pioneer HDJ 2000 w. Production - iMac 21.5", Motu 828x, Icon Qcon Pro + EX, Nektar Panorama P4, Propellerhead Reason, Mashine Mikro(drum programer in Reason)

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Nothing
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Nothing. But then I have a dedicated PC for music duties. All other computer like stuff is done either on my personal laptop, personal android phone, or works ultrabook.
    Technics 1210 mk2's, Pioneer CDJ 500, Allen & Heath DB4, NI F1's (x2), Reloop Contour Controller Edition, Sennheiser HD25 1-II or Allen & Heath XD2-53's depending on my mood...

Mixcloud : xs2man - Latest Mix: Latest Mix 13-10-2016

Tech Mentor

I use my MBP for all sorts of things, and my equipment hangs in the garage. So yes, I unplug when not using.

yes i unplug 1 usb and the power . 10 plug powered usb hub here 1 usb chord to connect everything to my laptop. Everything is kensington locked and i just unplug 1 usb and power take my laptop with me bought a spare charger so i don't have to remove anything except my laptop from my home setup when playing out.

I use a desperate computer for production, dj 'king, and personal use.
    - Equipment - 2X Technics 1200, 2X Audio Technica ATLP1240, 2X XDJ700, 2X XDJ1000 MK2, Denon DNX-1100, Mixars DUO, DJM750 MK2, NI Audio 10, NI Aduio 4, Serato SL3, 4X Shure M44-7, 2X Ortofon Pro S, 2X Numark Groove Tool, Maschine MK3, Samson Carbon 49, Roland SE-02, Novation Launchcontrol, TouchOSC, Nocation Peak, Arturia MiniBrute, Korg Volca Kick, MicroKorg (Classic), NI Komplete Audio 6

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast