How Many Songs Are You Averaging per Set? - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Mdcdesign You played levels by swedish house mafia! I haven't heard that song to many times in progressive house mixes. You've got some really good tracks you don't just pick the flavour of the month songs do you. You play purely underground prog house. You don't go near the beatport top 10 do you.
    Last edited by MYE; 04-18-2013 at 10:42 PM.
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Quote Originally Posted by MYE View Post
    Mdcdesign You played levels by swedish house mafia! I haven't heard that song to many times in progressive house mixes. You've got some really good tracks you don't just pick the flavour of the month songs do you. You play purely underground prog house. You don't go near the beatport top 10 do you.
    cant tell if ur joking or sarcastic or ur trolling........ but lets not derail this thread plz?
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

I'm sorry if you use sync and train wreck you need to get back to basic I can beat match manually and later 4 tracks on top of each other.

Then again what people call mash ups now are by a true mash up in my mind

15 tracks with as much mashups as possible, so about 25 different songs will play per hour. 100 for 4 hours sounds right. Also depends the genre. I play progressive house, that's why as little as 15 an hour, but if I'd play top 40s, it would go to 25 an hour and less mashups.

Default How Many Songs Are You Averaging per Set?

Sound cloud mix you posted sounds more like what I would call pop house IMO if that is prog house then this set I did is 1:20 of prog house and 1:30 of trance

Sorry man hate the way prog house genre has degraded itself to cheddar

nd your mix is hardly a mix sounds more like cuts and jumps that are synced and quantized with off beat grids it's not shabby but the way you came Ito this thread I expected more. Where you are mixing your off its not spot on by any means and your killing your previous tracks not in phase or creating builds to kill them.

Another edit in a what I call pop house set I will drop likely 12 to 18 tracks in an hour in a trance set I average around 7mins a track so maybe 8-10 tacks usually why I do on average a 2 to 3 hour set
    Last edited by ZxZDeViLZxZ; 04-18-2013 at 11:10 PM.

Tech Mentor

I actually played a lot faster when I played vinyl. I played about 20-25 tunes in an hour. It was all check out what I can do. Check out how fast I can mix. Double drop after double drop. While the mixing was technically good, it was just a mess. Then I got a little older and figured out, it's not all about me, it's about the tunes. I still play pretty fast, but I'm not constantly banging out double drop after double drop. I try to let the tunes speak for themselves, breathe and layer long blends out in a way that lets tunes complement one another. I like to DJ to showcase the music I'm into, not to try to prove that I'm technically good.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    can u b more specific? it sounded be pretty legit to me. post ur time stamps where u think the transition is off (im 10 min into it while posting..)

EDIT: nvm i was 6 min in. and i can tell a few parts... still not too bad, but yea def make sure u keys aren't clashing...
    Lucid summed it up pretty much. All the transitions are in time (obviously), but even the 1st one at 2:00 sounds wrong.
    Vocals were often sounding hollow and old tracks were left in for too long at times. And more pop house/electro than prog.

No complete trainwrecks (not sure what to say about 16:38..) but I did expect a lot more from such a harsh critic.
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Lucid summed it up pretty much. All the transitions are in time (obviously), but even the 1st one at 2:00 sounds wrong.
    Vocals were often sounding hollow and old tracks were left in for too long at times. And more pop house/electro than prog.

No complete trainwrecks (not sure what to say about 16:38..) but I did expect a lot more from such a harsh critic.
    I agree with makar. For a person that criticises everyone on what they do and like we expected a lot. It just sounded like a below average cheesy house mix. It also sounded like you were just cutting from track to track. I thought you layered prog house
    Techno Producer and Dj//Upcoming releases on Discovery Records and other labels//Australia//https://soundcloud.com/mrmye

Tech Convert

Layering Techno sets are 20+ per hour

Quote Originally Posted by Samui View Post
    Layering Techno sets are 20+ per hour
    Same i only play techno and average 20+ songs an hour and i use a maschine so maybe 25+ with the songs i make on the fly in maschine.