How Many Songs Are You Averaging per Set? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

You are not mixing, you are not DJ'ing, you aren't playing songs.

You are playing 4 beat loops and voice samples. And turning into a mess the earing and the fun of listening to music of everyone around you, nobody likes to hear 10 or 20 seconds from a track and then off to the next one. That's how my grandmother watches TV, changing channel every fucking second 'cause she can't decide what to view.

DJ's are suppose to play DANCE music. Can you get a 1500 people crowd to make a different dance every 20 seconds?

I can't imagine anyone mixing 40 songs in one hour and make it sound good except for Jeff Mills (even though I don't really dig his kind of music...)

This is me after listening to a few minutes of "those kind" of "DJ Sets":

exploding_head_.jpg

Tech Wizard

Btw, I mix around 15 an hour. Tops.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBife View Post
    You are not mixing, you are not DJ'ing, you aren't playing songs.

You are playing 4 beat loops and voice samples. And turning into a mess the earing and the fun of listening to music of everyone around you, nobody likes to hear 10 or 20 seconds from a track and then off to the next one. That's how my grandmother watches TV, changing channel every fucking second 'cause she can't decide what to view.

DJ's are suppose to play DANCE music. Can you get a 1500 people crowd to make a different dance every 20 seconds?

I can't imagine anyone mixing 40 songs in one hour and make it sound good except for Jeff Mills (even though I don't really dig his kind of music...)

This is me after listening to a few minutes of "those kind" of "DJ Sets":

exploding_head_.jpg
    Wow, closed minded much?

Tech Wizard

Nope, I just enjoy going out to a club somewhere and actually LISTENING to MUSIC.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBife View Post
    Nope, I just enjoy going out to a club somewhere and actually LISTENING to MUSIC.
    In that case, I'm sure there's plenty of pubs and bars who have an iPod on shuffle. Considering this is DJTT - a forum specifically focussed on stretching the limitations of DJing and embracing the performance element - bashing people who do live performance-style DJing might not be the smartest of moves.

Tech Wizard

Also , the skills of triggering loops and samples using sync is world class.

Tech Guru

Sample-based music can sound great, but it does take lots of practice to make a good routine that way. Don't suppose you have any recordings you'd be willing to share?
    VCM100 / X1 / DJM250 / DJM900 / CDJ2000s / Maschine / Audio2+4 / 2i4 / HS8s / TSP 2.6.8
    Macbook Air i7-3667U+8GB 10.9 / Win7x64 i5-3570k+24GB

Tech Wizard

Stop making love to kissy sell out and watch some Richie Hawtin, Carl Cox, DJ Vibe, Jeff Mills, Fatboy Slim...

Quote Originally Posted by makar1 View Post
    Sample-based music can sound great, but it does take lots of practice to make a good routine that way. Don't suppose you have any recordings you'd be willing to share?
    Unfortunately not I'll put together some proper performance videos when I finish my Contour mapping; need to showcase the mapping anyway so I can kill 2 birds with one stone

Tech Wizard

It's all about creating a vibe, a groove, an environment, make people have fun...

what vibe can you create when you are changing songs every 20 seconds?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast